S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Alu Kreuz Billet Aluminum Drivetrain Stabilizer is it really worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It really is worth it. My sentiments echo what everyone else here has said, and then some. That sort of disconnected-shimmy feeling when hitting larger bumps during cornering completely goes away. I have a little mini review here:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...10-Meteor-Gray

If you don't have sways already, consider getting some at the same time as the Alu Kreuz. The combined installation time is barely more, saving you money, since the belly pan of the car has to come off for both installations.

Eurocode was great to deal with too, FWIW.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just had mine installed one week ago.

front feels precise and tight.

road vibrations seem be transmitted more, but that translates to a more direct connection with the road.

a very nice upgrade overall.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

When I had the Hochkins front and rear sway ,i felt a big change in handling and of course the front was stiffer then before .

Can someone tell me if the alu Kreuz will make it more stiffer then is now ?
Old 12-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by patinsd
When I had the Hochkins front and rear sway ,i felt a big change in handling and of course the front was stiffer then before .

Can someone tell me if the alu Kreuz will make it more stiffer then is now ?
not really the same thing. The Alu Kreuz won't affect ride quality or really handling. It does change the steering feel during maneuvering (sp). It provides a more direct feel during turn in. By stiffening for front sub-chassis, it makes the steering feel more rigid.

There have been many positive reviews on this product and I don't really recall seeing a post from anyone who thought it wasn't worth the $
Old 12-21-2011, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had mine installed this morning. While it doesn't totally change the handling characteristics, it is a definate and noticeable improvement. Well worth the relatively short $$$.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Where have you folks gone to get this installed? I live in the Chicago burbs...if not at a dealer, I am not sure where to get this done.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carguyrob
Where have you folks gone to get this installed? I live in the Chicago burbs...if not at a dealer, I am not sure where to get this done.
I got a few of us together and we did an install party at someone's house. Just need 2 jacks (plus some jackstands for safety), sockets, a ratchet, and a Tq wrench.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
I got a few of us together and we did an install party at someone's house. Just need 2 jacks (plus some jackstands for safety), sockets, a ratchet, and a Tq wrench.
...and someone who knows what they are doing!

I just changed out my summer to winter tires myself about a week ago. I am afraid to admit...that is a first time I have changed a tire in the 25 years I have been driving!

Besides, I actually don't know of any other S4 drivers in the Chicago burbs (although I am sure there are many others).
Old 12-21-2011, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by carguyrob
...and someone who knows what they are doing!

I just changed out my summer to winter tires myself about a week ago. I am afraid to admit...that is a first time I have changed a tire in the 25 years I have been driving!

Besides, I actually don't know of any other S4 drivers in the Chicago burbs (although I am sure there are many others).
Had mine installed at the Driver's Image in Skokie. Cost $60. Greg is the man there, he does a lot of custom work, also had them install the Miltek exhaust for me $120. Did a fine job on both.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can I buy this in Europe? It seems I can only buy it in the States ? :s

Quick Reply: Alu Kreuz Billet Aluminum Drivetrain Stabilizer is it really worth it?