S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

After a long search, is this '14 CPO the one?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by togatown
That is a tremendous buyout! If the car goes back to the dealer, it would be CPO'd and easily bring 40-41k.
I can imagine this being true. Sounds like low miles and very good condition. There's probably a cost of time/materials to receive and inspect the vehicle before it can be sold off, plus they mark it up to make a profit.

If Cobalt03 doesn't want it, he could still buy it out and privately sell it easily for less than what the dealer will mark it up for if they sold it.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LighthouseJ
I can imagine this being true. Sounds like low miles and very good condition. There's probably a cost of time/materials to receive and inspect the vehicle before it can be sold off, plus they mark it up to make a profit.

If Cobalt03 doesn't want it, he could still buy it out and privately sell it easily for less than what the dealer will mark it up for if they sold it.
Carmax might even give him more than the buyout.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Exactly what I was thinking, but not really sure what I would replace it with--RS3 looks interesting, but I still sort of view the '3' as inferior to the '4' from the standpoint of interior etc. TT RS is also intriguing, but in either case I figure any RS model is going to be hard to get, not subject to any price negotiation etc. Probably just need to keep what I have, and appreciate the fact that I have a good deal on the buyout. Still a great car!
Old 08-07-2017, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by NOVA_
Looking to get some opinions on the price, since I've been searching for a while for this specific color and options - I don't want to be overly eager. The dealer is a bit of a hike, so I rather get some advice from the community.

Asking 37,995
35,000 miles
Monsoon Gray, Differential, B&O sound, Nav plus, Black Optic, side assist and carbon trim

It that matches the options I want save the napa leather seats, with the Monsoon Gray color. Any thoughts on the price? Sales manager said they have little very little room for negotiation from where its priced but told me to come in (classic).
Newbie here...just bought my 2014 S4-CPO with 8800 miles for $40k flat. Asking $38k seems steep with that many miles.

Luke
Old 08-09-2017, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Luke2014S4
Newbie here...just bought my 2014 S4-CPO with 8800 miles for $40k flat. Asking $38k seems steep with that many miles.

Luke
That's an incredibly low odom reading on a '14. The lowest one with these options and CPO I can currently find that's under 15k miles is still north of 40k. I'm assuming that was just a very marked down deal you got on yours.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NOVA_
That's an incredibly low odom reading on a '14. The lowest one with these options and CPO I can currently find that's under 15k miles is still north of 40k. I'm assuming that was just a very marked down deal you got on yours.
Agreed. I think mileage is far more subjective than other measures of a non-collector car.

Ultra low mileage cars are probably hit-or-miss value wise because if you're talking about reliability, a 15k car will be as reliable as 8.8k at this young age.

Ultra low mileage cars are more important to collectors who want to pay a premium to pretend they are a movie star in a collector car. S4's are very nice, but they are usually not collector cars, so ultra low mileage draws a milder distinction to low/normal mileage vehicle.

I'd be torn with taking it to a mechanic and asking if the mileage is genuine just to make sure, or if I feel like pulling the trigger, just buying it but not paying extra for that low milage.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Agreed. I think mileage is far more subjective than other measures of a non-collector car.

Ultra low mileage cars are probably hit-or-miss value wise because if you're talking about reliability, a 15k car will be as reliable as 8.8k at this young age.

Ultra low mileage cars are more important to collectors who want to pay a premium to pretend they are a movie star in a collector car. S4's are very nice, but they are usually not collector cars, so ultra low mileage draws a milder distinction to low/normal mileage vehicle.

I'd be torn with taking it to a mechanic and asking if the mileage is genuine just to make sure, or if I feel like pulling the trigger, just buying it but not paying extra for that low milage.
Agree, not much difference between 8 & 15k miles. However, in terms of factory warranty and CPO terms of 5 years/100k miles, 8k miles makes a big difference. Essentially a year of warranty. That said, it was important to me to find the best value on a CPO. Low miles (verified) drove my decision to pull the trigger. I negotiate for a living, perhaps, I did a great job identifying weakness and pushing the top line down. Regardless, low $40's is a great buy, as S4's hold value well.