S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Additional Dealer Fees

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Additional Dealer Fees

For those of you that are using the AudiUSA site to build your S4 don't forget that additional dealer fees are not listed. Here's an example of what you might encounter:

Inventory Tax $121.33
Document Fee $179.00
License Fee $76.30
Title Fee $34.00
State Inspection $23.75
Dealer Services $497.00

Total = $931.38

Be sure to address this with your salesperson before placing your order, especially if they are a rookie. Dealer services is you pre-paying dealer costs for providing a loaner and such. Audi Care (4 yrs service) is an additional $740, so to get essentially the same package that BMW offers at no charge (loaner+service) you could end up paying an additional $1,237.00. This is just an example from one dealership, but it seemed worth mentioning. I also haven't checked if BMW also tries to hit you with a dealer services charge but I'm probably going to make time to visit Bimmer tomorrow and find out.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MalSer
For those of you that are using the AudiUSA site to build your S4 don't forget that additional dealer fees are not listed. Here's an example of what you might encounter:

Inventory Tax $121.33
Document Fee $179.00
License Fee $76.30
Title Fee $34.00
State Inspection $23.75
Dealer Services $497.00

Total = $931.38

Be sure to address this with your salesperson before placing your order, especially if they are a rookie. Dealer services is you pre-paying dealer costs for providing a loaner and such. Audi Care (4 yrs service) is an additional $740, so to get essentially the same package that BMW offers at no charge (loaner+service) you could end up paying an additional $1,237.00. This is just an example from one dealership, but it seemed worth mentioning. I also haven't checked if BMW also tries to hit you with a dealer services charge but I'm probably going to make time to visit Bimmer tomorrow and find out.
What the heck is the "$497.00" for Dealer Services? That's nuts!

My fees are $199 for Title. $249 for Doc and Licensing...or something like that.

The above sounds like pure profit to me.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nutdotnet
What the heck is the "$497.00" for Dealer Services? That's nuts!

My fees are $199 for Title. $249 for Doc and Licensing...or something like that.

The above sounds like pure profit to me.
As he said above, it's to cover dealer costs for things like a loaner car for servicing
Old 09-15-2009, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

I got hit with "we already etched the vin into the windows for theft protection" $250.00.

Didn't come out until the contract signing. Lame.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dealer tried this on my B6 S4...

Originally Posted by S4B8
I got hit with "we already etched the vin into the windows for theft protection" $250.00.

Didn't come out until the contract signing. Lame.
This got sprung on me too in the 11th hr on my '05 S4.. I gave them 3 options:

1) Remove the $325 fee from the deal
2) I walk and go buy another car from another dealer or manufacturer
3) Replace all the windows in the car

They went with option 2...I made it out to the lot and into the car before the sales manager came scurrying out begging me to come back in and forgot about the "misunderstanding" over the fee/ LOL. It makes me feel like they think we're a bunch of morons buying their first car when they pull BS like this...also doesn't help endear me to the brand...after 5 previous Audis I would hope they'd skip this stuff. Funny thing was...the bimmer dealership gave me full transparency into all the details on the deal for the M3 that I was considering...they didn't seem to have much to hide - especially when it came to residual values!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm having trouble figuring out how VIN numbers etched into the windows will aid in theft protection.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

The salesman didn't mention ANY of these fees when we shook hands and I handed him a check. After I got home the delivery slipped by a month and then a few weeks later he's no longer working there and someone I've never met calls me to essentially say that I may owe them another $903.38??? He did not know what was promised (insufficient documentation) but I am NOT happy to say the least. At least my order was entered with the factory correctly, even though dealer adds were missed. I will compliment him for being polite and professional since cleaning up someone else's mess always sucks and I don't want to be a jerk, but my confidence in this dealership is rather tenuous at this point. If they can't even train someone to close a deal HONESTLY and stand by it then maybe I should consider going elsewhere. Why should I consider trusting their service department to back me if I need it when I've never purchased an Audi before? I will discuss it with him earnestly but I'm really wavering on spending my hard earned money at this dealership. I may even reconsider going over to the dark side (BMW)...just have to see how things feel and then make the call on gut instict. Every place can have a bad apple but this is my first "firm" experience with an Audi dealership and I am not impressed to say the least. There is another Audi dealership just as close so I might go talk to them tomorrow. Hopefully we (the original dealership) can come to a reasonable arrangement. There are a few aspects to the S4 that I don't care for, but overall I really like the car and think I would be pleased with it. That being said, if I think they can't be trusted then I will go elsewhere, possibly even to another brand and never look back. I hope that doesn't sound too negative as I really intend to be reasonable but right now I'm quite dissapointed. I was so excited by ordereing my S4 (even if they misquoted the delivery by a month) and now part of me thinks it may have been a mistake to choose Audi, or at least this dealership. Hopefully they will surpise me in a good way tomorrow. Sorry for venting or sounding bitchy, I'm just quite dissapointed by the situation and needed to get it out of my system. Thanks for understanding my frustration.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

The salesman didn't mention ANY of these fees when we shook hands and I handed him a check. After I got home the delivery slipped by a month and then a few weeks later he's no longer working there and someone I've never met calls me to essentially say that I may owe them another $903.38??? He did not know what was promised (insufficient documentation) but I am NOT happy to say the least. At least my order was entered with the factory correctly, even though dealer adds were missed. I will compliment him for being polite and professional since cleaning up someone else's mess always sucks and I don't want to be a jerk, but my confidence in this dealership is rather tenuous at this point. If they can't even train someone to close a deal HONESTLY and stand by it then maybe I should consider going elsewhere. Why should I consider trusting their service department to back me if I need it when I've never purchased an Audi before? I will discuss it with him earnestly but I'm really wavering on spending my hard earned money at this dealership. I may even reconsider going over to the dark side (BMW)...just have to see how things feel and then make the call on gut instict. Every place can have a bad apple but this is my first "firm" experience with an Audi dealership and I am not impressed to say the least. There is another Audi dealership just as close so I might go talk to them tomorrow. Hopefully we (the original dealership) can come to a reasonable arrangement. There are a few aspects to the S4 that I don't care for, but overall I really like the car and think I would be pleased with it. That being said, if I think they can't be trusted then I will go elsewhere, possibly even to another brand and never look back. I hope that doesn't sound too negative as I really intend to be reasonable but right now I'm quite dissapointed. I was so excited by ordereing my S4 (even if they misquoted the delivery by a month) and now part of me thinks it may have been a mistake to choose Audi, or at least this dealership. Hopefully they will surpise me in a good way tomorrow. Sorry for venting or sounding bitchy, I'm just quite dissapointed by the situation and needed to get it out of my system. Thanks for understanding my frustration.
Tell them -

A) you pay them no more money

or

B) you take back your deposit and go order from somewhere else.

Most of those "fees" are completely bogus.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Inventory Tax $121.33
Document Fee $179.00
License Fee $76.30
Title Fee $34.00
State Inspection $23.75
Dealer Services $497.00

Total = $931.38

This is a luxury car manufacturer. You should pay only: negotiated vehicle price + destination ($825) + tax/title fees ($399 here) + state taxes (3% here). Nothing else. Audi Care covers a loaner at everywhere I've ever been.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Question about advertising fee for ED cars

I am surprised that there are all these additional fees being charged. Aside from doc & title (less than $50), registration fee (state fee) and regional advertising fee, there should be nothing else you have to pay on top of the published invoice prices. When I ordered my current BMW for European Delivery, I was not charged the $250 advertising fee. I paid a flat $800 over dealer ED invoice which exactly matched ED invoice pricing posted on Bimmerfest.com. Since I was leasing, I paid a $650 bank fee which was rolled into my capitalized price. My total out of pocket for a zero cap reduction lease was $825, with $476 of that being the first month's payment and the balance being the doc & title fee and CA registration.

MY question is this: In areas where an Audi regional advertising fee applies, do you have to pay this fee on a European delivery ordered car? I hope the answer is No, but based on the bogus fees the people on this thread have been charged, I would guess the answer is Yes. Any clarification on this would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Additional Dealer Fees