S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

3.0 Software Release by the STaSIS Revo Group( SRG)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 596 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by nuccadoc
From my understanding, stasis will be modifying the ecu, whereas when the dealer updates the car, it won't affect the ecu. I could be wrong, but otherwise every time there would be a tsb, you would have to get your car reflashed.
That's how it works with APR and GIAC too.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All personal preference, were okay either way. Some do it before they ever take the car home and some like to drive it and work out any small issues prior.

Originally Posted by zillmc
@Stasis

Since my car is brand new and hasn't even been in for its first service; I'm just curious if you had any thoughts/recommendations on whether I should get my first service done then ship off the ECU. Reason I'm asking is in case they do any of their own changes to software first based on new updates directly from Audi.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

anxiously waiting to hear what is offered on the new tune for the 13's. I'm most interested in what they can do with the torque. I know that for the MY13's, the DSG has a torque protection system that is different than in previous years. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

One of the things I loved about the Volvo S60 R-design when I was cross shopping, was the torque on that baby. 354 lb-ft felt really nice, although it was turbo, the feeling was awesome being pushed back into the seat. Other than that, didn't like too much else about that car.

hoping this tune can get things closer to that feeling.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Q5

Forgive my ignorance, but will this ECU tune work on the new Q5 3.0T?
Old 12-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SullyQ5
Forgive my ignorance, but will this ECU tune work on the new Q5 3.0T?
STaSIS has several different tunes out there for each model. Even though it's technically the same engine, albeit detuned, they will need a separate mapping protocol for each separate engine. They have a tune for the Q5 up to last year, just like for the S4, and my guess is that over a little time, they will be working on the new 3.0T for the Q5, but not as of yet
Old 12-28-2012, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Well no one offers it for 2013+ cars but it is offered by others (but not STaSIS) for 2010 - 2012 cars and as you point out it will be offered by others (but not STaSIS) for 2013+ models.

Sophomoric arguments/complaints/whatever are invalid by their nature so a complaint can't be valid yet sophomoric. I think what you were getting at was that my complaint is inconsequential to a lot of people which I would probably agree with.
Ok Socrates.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nuccadoc
STaSIS has several different tunes out there for each model. Even though it's technically the same engine, albeit detuned, they will need a separate mapping protocol for each separate engine. They have a tune for the Q5 up to last year, just like for the S4, and my guess is that over a little time, they will be working on the new 3.0T for the Q5, but not as of yet

Does anyone have opinions on getting the STaSIS done on the 2012 Q5 2.0T?

Is it a standard price? Are there different options when getting the software installed?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Gqinxs
Does anyone have opinions on getting the STaSIS done on the 2012 Q5 2.0T?

Is it a standard price? Are there different options when getting the software installed?
It looks to be a solid upgrade, some nice numbers. As far as I know, each dealer could sell for a different price, most add some to the base price for loaner, shipping of ECU etc. Some don't. Best to check a few dealership out.

However, on the website for STaSIS, they have their price and a bunch of information regarding the tune.

http://www.stasisengineering.com/sig...ies-q5-20-2011
Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm still waiting to see if they release a tune for the Q7 3.0 TFSI.

Last edited by Symko; 01-08-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Symko
I'm still waiting to see if they release a tune for the Q7 3.0 TFSI.
Me too. I wouldn't have bought it had my SA not sworn up and down that it was coming out in sept 2012. I'm a moron for trusting him.

Quick Reply: 3.0 Software Release by the STaSIS Revo Group( SRG)