S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

First Audi - 2014 S4

Old 05-15-2014, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Audi - 2014 S4

Hey all,

Been lurking for a few weeks now as I weighed the decision to buy an S4. Ended up pulling the trigger on Tuesday and I take delivery on Saturday. Very excited to pick up my new baby. Still need to name her, but she ended up being almost exactly what I wanted right off the lot, and right off the boat:

2014 S4 Manual
Ibis White, Black Optic (wanted Glacier White Metallic, but this is fine)
MMI
B&O
Sports Diff
Carbon Atlas
Black Leather (wanted red or alcantara, but black is fine).

I'm coming from a 2010 Mini John Cooper Works - a fun car but I was ready to step up from a FWD hot hatch. I modded that car pretty heavily - rear sway bar, short shift kit, torque arm inserts, front sway bar, turbo heat shield, full chrome blackout and some custom badging all done by myself. No plans for the Audi for now, the thing is pretty hot right out of the box, but I imagine it won't be long until I get the urge to look at chipping it (never did it for the Mini but I know a lot of people that have had no issues with APR tunes) and potentially a sub upgrade. That's the extent of my car history.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself instead of just lurking. Looking forward to tearing up the pacific northwest in the new S4!

-Zack
Old 05-16-2014, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Great color/options combo!!! Congrats on the new ride, you are going to love it!!!!
Old 05-16-2014, 05:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

From another 2014 S4 owner-in-waiting, welcome! I was dumb enough to think I could bear waiting for a custom order from Germany - smart move buying off the lot. The wait is tough, and I'm sure Saturday can't come early enough for you.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

I waited 3 months, its tough to wait.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ha, I waited 6 months for my S6 since I placed my order before pricing was even available :P

Yes very tough indeed.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Congrats!! Good option selection (quite similar to mine).

Pics when you get the car!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats. Are you thinking at all about changing the 18" wheels and tires?
Old 05-16-2014, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
Congrats. Are you thinking at all about changing the 18" wheels and tires?
Black optics package should include the 19" 5 arm rotor wheels if I'm not mistaken.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MVR 155
Black optics package should include the 19" 5 arm rotor wheels if I'm not mistaken.
Yep - 19" alloys in titanium. Might pick up a pair of 18's for the track though - although I haven't looked into what people tend to run on these for that purpose.

Pickup is delayed until Wednesday since the trade-in car is waiting on parts - ugh
Old 05-19-2014, 07:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zack726
Hey all,

Been lurking for a few weeks now as I weighed the decision to buy an S4. Ended up pulling the trigger on Tuesday and I take delivery on Saturday. Very excited to pick up my new baby. Still need to name her, but she ended up being almost exactly what I wanted right off the lot, and right off the boat:

2014 S4 Manual
Ibis White, Black Optic (wanted Glacier White Metallic, but this is fine)
MMI
B&O
Sports Diff
Carbon Atlas
Black Leather (wanted red or alcantara, but black is fine).

I'm coming from a 2010 Mini John Cooper Works - a fun car but I was ready to step up from a FWD hot hatch. I modded that car pretty heavily - rear sway bar, short shift kit, torque arm inserts, front sway bar, turbo heat shield, full chrome blackout and some custom badging all done by myself. No plans for the Audi for now, the thing is pretty hot right out of the box, but I imagine it won't be long until I get the urge to look at chipping it (never did it for the Mini but I know a lot of people that have had no issues with APR tunes) and potentially a sub upgrade. That's the extent of my car history.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself instead of just lurking. Looking forward to tearing up the pacific northwest in the new S4!

-Zack
Congrats!! Please post pics when you get it! Best of luck in your new WHIP!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First Audi - 2014 S4