S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2014 S4 options/recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidjz
For curiosity's sake how do you find the seats when you are driving long distances? I've driven from CO to NY and back, and everywhere in between several times in my A4s without issue
I think S4 seats are the most comfortable I've ever experienced, for long or short distances (that's mostly due to the shape, rather than the material). The leg extenders help make the seats even more comfortable. I recently drove a rental A4 from Dallas to Austin and back, and I thought the A4 seats were much, much less comfortable.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately, seats that feel good to one driver, might not feel the same to another, based on drivers size, weight and predisposing spinal issues. The seats are very comfortable for me. I have had problems with sciatica in the past. Found seats on my previous BMWs not nearly as comfortable. Plus the leather is thicker on the S4. But there have been posts from owners who just cannot get comfortable in the S4seats. IMHO, its really hard for any manufacturer to make a single seat design that everyone will feel comfortable.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:28 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

I really like the seats in mine. I have Alcantara and my only complaint is that it gets a little warm. The support is fantastic and I really like the leg extension feature.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

People that have the adaptive suspension seem to like it, especially in areas where road conditions vary.

People that want stiffer suspension all of the time skip it.

People that don't have adaptive suspension miss it.

It's the only thing missing on my CPO car that would have made it perfect (I drove a car with it) vs the 99.9% perfect car I found. If I ordered new I would have gotten it.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default logical

Originally Posted by DrGP
Unfortunately, seats that feel good to one driver, might not feel the same to another, based on drivers size, weight and predisposing spinal issues. The seats are very comfortable for me. I have had problems with sciatica in the past. Found seats on my previous BMWs not nearly as comfortable. Plus the leather is thicker on the S4. But there have been posts from owners who just cannot get comfortable in the S4seats. IMHO, its really hard for any manufacturer to make a single seat design that everyone will feel comfortable.
makes sense. One of those things that just comes with the territory of wanting/owning an S4. Its kind of like asking about MPG. If that is the primary concern the 2.0T A4 may be the way to go.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default customize

Originally Posted by Tweakophyte
People that have the adaptive suspension seem to like it, especially in areas where road conditions vary.

People that want stiffer suspension all of the time skip it.

People that don't have adaptive suspension miss it.

It's the only thing missing on my CPO car that would have made it perfect (I drove a car with it) vs the 99.9% perfect car I found. If I ordered new I would have gotten it.
I am sure if i waited until i returned to the states I could find a car that comes pretty close to exactly what I want but given the opportunity, and considering most solid used options are still running 45-50k, i figure i may as well get exactly what I want. I am partial to Brilliant black (seems truer) to me and even that seems to narrow the options considerably.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davidjz
I am sure if i waited until i returned to the states I could find a car that comes pretty close to exactly what I want but given the opportunity, and considering most solid used options are still running 45-50k, i figure i may as well get exactly what I want. I am partial to Brilliant black (seems truer) to me and even that seems to narrow the options considerably.
I'm not sure how many S4s sitting in dealers lots will have adaptive suspension. If that is a must for you, I would suggest ordering a car. The Black/black combo would seem to be easy to find. But thinking you will get EXACTLY what you want MAY not be realistic. The only way to assure that is to order your car. Generally takes 9-12 weeks . So if you know when you want your car, it would seem to makes sense to me to order exactly what you want. I've done that twice. BTW, $50k doesn't give you a car with many options.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
I'm not sure how many S4s sitting in dealers lots will have adaptive suspension. If that is a must for you, I would suggest ordering a car. The Black/black combo would seem to be easy to find. But thinking you will get EXACTLY what you want MAY not be realistic. The only way to assure that is to order your car. Generally takes 9-12 weeks . So if you know when you want your car, it would seem to makes sense to me to order exactly what you want. I've done that twice. BTW, $50k doesn't give you a car with many options.
Point taken. They seem to do pretty well retaining their value but all I see online are asking prices. No telling what people actually pay
Old 06-28-2013, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Go to Truecar and find what people are paying in your area.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

I checked out True Car. some of the MSRPs they had differed from those I got from Military Auto Source (MAS). MAS stands by the fact that their numbers are correct.

Quick Reply: 2014 S4 options/recommendations