S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2013 RS4 in the USA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 12:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by westwest888
... Overall I don't know that you would enjoy that car $25,000 more than an S4. You can get a lightly optioned 991 for $89,000 with PASM, torque vectoring rear diff, 7 speed manual (!) @ 3000 pounds and 350 hp. The RS5 is tip only, a little front heavy, and over 4000 pounds. It's too expensive to not be perfect on paper.
The P-car is on a future list after the bebe(s) are a little older and I can get back into having a car that doesn't have to perform two functions (Performance/Versatility).

Originally Posted by Evlengr
BMW is going mainstream too, so dont count on them keeping MT, except for maybe M type class.

They have forced the stupid RFT down the throat of all their consumers. One of the reasons I scractched the 335i off my list. People say change out the tires. Wrong for two reasons:

BMW will blame every malfunction the car has on changing the tires.

If you don't lease, why should I pay double for a set of tires I dont want.

RFT's are useless in most cases, and very costly time wise and financially. The only true beneficiary is the mfg as they can charge the same price for a car that has no spare and no tools to change the tire.

BMW is losing their vision of a driver's car. Hence, the reason a great many of us have/has the S4.
They can take a running jump with their RFT's...
Old 12-02-2012, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plivac
As one of the readers over at Quattro World points out, you can hear a voice in the background at 2:09 say "It's a special order" and later at 2:30 say "we started with the RS5 and it will be around 105". Listen and you can hear it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=-xlUt8MRWE0#!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If the RS4 Avant existed and was available in Canada I would have bought it hands down over the E90 M3 I ordered and drive daily. Damn if the S4 Avant was available here it would have been difficult for me to justify the $20k premium for my M over the performance, utility mix the wagons offer.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have never understood what makes people go gaga about the avant body style, it is a station wagon after all. why not get this package in the sedan package, it looks a lot better. Dont tell me about stealth, every body that knows cars, knows what it is and those that dont know, will not care either way....

Jpr
Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jpr210
I have never understood what makes people go gaga about the avant body style, it is a station wagon after all. why not get this package in the sedan package, it looks a lot better. Dont tell me about stealth, every body that knows cars, knows what it is and those that dont know, will not care either way....

Jpr
+1 I have to agree. It's a damn WAGON!!! Grocery Getter! Dislike!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by B8 S FOR
+1 I have to agree. It's a damn WAGON!!! Grocery Getter! Dislike!
Perhaps because some of us have to get groceries. WTF? Do you think your servants would prefer a wagon for their utilitarian tasks or did you not put a thought to it?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Jpr
Typical American reasoning.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jpr
It's not about stealth.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by koobah
Typical American reasoning.
Well the reality of the situation is that the prevailing opinion in the USA is that the sedan is a much better looking and desirable vehicle. I fall into that group, I like sedans and dislike the look of wagons. I understand it is personal taste and there is a different and perfectly fair opinion out there. However for Audi USA to be able to make a business case they have to believe they will sell enough RS4s to make it worthwhile to certify and import and wagon only is just not going to move enough units. Audi AG handcuffs them with the euro focused attitude on RS cars (both RS4 and RS6 are wagons) my opinion is make both so everyone, sedan fans, wagon fans, can get what they want. Instead in the US we get nothing which hurts all RS enthusiasts.... I can’t understand the boneheaded strategy to limit the car to only wagon body style. I really feel like Audi is leaving sales and some brand bragging rights on the table in the US.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have never understood what makes people go gaga about the avant body style, it is a station wagon after all. why not get this package in the sedan package, it looks a lot better. Dont tell me about stealth, every body that knows cars, knows what
I dont get it either. But to each his own

Quick Reply: 2013 RS4 in the USA!!!