S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Knew it would happen...Window tint ticket. Another prick...I'm gonna try the medical excuse..

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knew it would happen...Window tint ticket. Another *****...I'm gonna try the medical excuse..

I was on my way to grab some lunch today (about 12 inches of snow fell last night) Cop pulles out behind me about a 1/2 block back I take a back way to Jimmy Johns and didn't see him turn to follow me. When I come out the cop is waiting in the parking lot for me. People are sliding off the road yet he pulled me over for window tint and waited 10 min while I picked up lunch. First thing he asks me is Hows your driving record. I wasn't speeding, didn't turn my high beams off/on...just driving by. After he writes me a ticket (fix it ticket in MI) He litterally pulls 20 ft away with lights and sirens and proceds to write a ticket to a guy plowing a parking lot across the street for God knows what reason.

I bought the car with the tint and Love the really dark on the Yellow. MI allows only 4" tint from top of front windows (Not a fan) So I would have nothing on the front and Limo in he back...Which I also am not a fan of. I see alot of people running 35% in states that are Zero tint law states. I don't know if it is just not as obvious but wonder if that may be the next step.

First I'm gonna try the medical excuse. I have the paper work so we will see how it goes. They may be suspicious of a Dr. asking for a medical excuse for tint however.

Seems like tons of cars here have tint with no issues...Sounds like profiling to me, what the hell does my driving record have to do with window tint.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:22 PM

Default He had nothing better to do, apparently. Try a lighter tint in the front...

It won't get you out of tickets, but it may alleviate some of the grief the cops give you. I used to run 5% in the front in CA (70% legal limit up front, which is basically no tint) and got pulled over twice for just that reason. Then I switched to 25% up front (don't want to jinx myself here, so you can assume what my record has been thus far with the 25%). The reasons the cops gave me for having pulled me over with 5% was the issue of them not being able to see me inside. When I lightened it up, I made sure that I could be seen.

I hope this helps.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Limo tint is pretty dark for the front, maybe try tinting the front at like 35%

Or just retining the entire car to 35%
Old 02-07-2008, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh.. I like the medical excuse. Never thought of that. Usually, I just pay the fine. Sux.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

if you already have the medical paperwork, why didn't you show it to him BEFORE the ticket?
Old 02-07-2008, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Has to go to capitol and then they put a code on your licence. otherwise no go
Old 02-07-2008, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I asked what the fine was and he looked confused...he was like you take it off and its ok...

I would prefer to just leave it on maybe pay the fine...When I spelled it out to him ( told him I work 120 hrs a week and may not be able to get removed in 20 days...sadly this is true)he was like...if you don't they will suspend your licence.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I figured direct sunlight induced migraines may work. May need a neurologist to sign.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good news is my H-sport sways showed up today. Will have to wait till the snow clears.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default 5% or 35%, some PD's/PO's have a bug about tint. Run tint and that's the chance we take.

But, as I've gotten older, I've found my level of hassle is directionally proportional to my driving style.

I've learned to fly under the radar, while keeping the tint.

Quick Reply: Knew it would happen...Window tint ticket. Another prick...I'm gonna try the medical excuse..