S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

If you had it to do all over again. The perfect setup. Give me your opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you had it to do all over again. The perfect setup. Give me your opinions.

So I was browsing on Stratmospheres site today and lo and behold one of there dealers that carries a full line of there products is my dealer that i have been going to for years. I would have never known. Apparently they are very mod friendly. So i'm wondering what i want to do first and for you guys that have done all of it--> If you had the option to do it all over again what setup would you go with?

Pss9s- i hate the body roll

h-sports- i hate the body roll,i was set on h-sports, dealer can only get h&rs though. Now thinking about just going with rear h&r. Y/N?

Milltek cat-back- he can get the milltek from stratmosphere but he is recommending AWE. Pretty sure i would want resonated. I have never heard non-res but i dont want it to sound like a mustang or camero.

So what do you guys think? I'm really leaning on suspension mods first but i can do sways and cat-backs for the price of pss9s.

Lay it on me
Old 04-19-2007, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default in my humble opinion, non-res sounds nothing like a camero or mustang, I know where your coming from

I didnt want my car to sound like that either and I am very satisfied with the Milltek non res system, I would even like it if it was at times a bit louder, especially at RPMs higher than 2200...
Old 04-19-2007, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm happy with all (3) of my mods.

I did PSS9/19's at the same time, love the handling, and the car looks great.

I am about to do my last mod, AWE non-res catback, and am confident that I will love it.

I wouldn't do anything differently and am glad that the car is so great out of the box.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Here...

PSS9: (very happy with mines) 4 wheel alignment recommended after install.

Neuspeed: rear sway bar (compliments the PSS9 and enough to counter understeer)

APR full exhaust : very civilize and happy with mines

OR

Milltek full exhaust resonated

Spend a little more and get a full exhaust for some gains, cat backs are just for looks and sound, not worth $$$ IMO.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:57 PM

yeah, but there's issues with dps and warranty
Old 04-19-2007, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Takes an hour or $100 to have the stock ones put back in if you popped your motor....

or something. Good to do even if there is no way they should contribute to any problems so as to avoid unfair dealers.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default completely agree with Shooter

I got the non-res and was a little nervous about it being too loud beforehand. Driving it away from the installer was, honestly, a bit of a letdown because a small part of me was hoping to be thundering down the road. Even my wife, who hates loud cars, agreed that it was not all that different inside the car, and said it sounded good while she followed me in her car.

I added a Hyperflow intake and am much happier now. If I were to do it again I'd get the intake first.

-Chris
Old 04-19-2007, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Any in cabin droning with the Milltek Non-res?
Old 04-19-2007, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

save your oem dp if in case. but it's all up to you.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:59 AM

You guys are sneaky. good thinkin

Quick Reply: If you had it to do all over again. The perfect setup. Give me your opinions.