S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

I assume everyone gets these... Letter from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I assume everyone gets these... Letter from dealer

got this letter in the mail.
First of all what dealer cares what your payoff is, if you are under, you have to pay it.
Second of all, ill bet they send this to everyone who has ever bought a care from them lol.
I will call them and request $30K for my S4 LOL

"We want to Buy Your Audi

Dear xxxxx xxxxxx,

Every once in a while a special offer comes along too good to pass up. this is one of those times.

At Audi Mission Viejo, we currently have an extreme shortage of quality pre-owned audi models to meet the rising demand of our certified pre-owned vehicles. The current market values on these pre-owned vehicles are at an all time high and these conditions make it a great time to sell your car.

As the General Sales Manager of Audi Mission Viejo, I am requesting the opportunity to purchase your vehicle. Our records indicate that you are currently driving a 2005 S4 Sedan. Please contact us immediately to arrange a time to receive a Free Vehicle Evaluation and written offer to purchase.

Since your vehicle is on our Desirable Vehicle List, we can offer you an excellent trade-in value at this time as well. Our records also indicate that you are eligible to trade in your vehicle regardless of your current payoff. You are under no obligation to purchase in order to receive your Free Vehicle Evaluation and written Offer to Purchase.

Too good to be true? due to market conditions and fluctuations in pre-owned valuations, we can only make this offer through thrusday, july 31st. Make plans immediately to take advantage of this tremendous opportunity.Please call xxxx or xxx at xxxxxx or email xxxxx to set up a time to receive your free vehicle evaluation and written offer to purchase your vehicle. please bring this letter to qualify and expedite your evaluation process.

sincerely,

xxxxxx
xxxxxxxx"
Old 07-15-2008, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep! got it. they want you to buy a new car
Old 07-15-2008, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Ill buy a new car

if they give me an A5 for 10K under MSRP lol
Old 07-15-2008, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I didn't get one...You should go get your car appraised and see how much they'll give you for it...

just for ****s and giggles of course
Old 07-15-2008, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've gotten the same thing mulitple times. Just another way to get you in and sell you a new car.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2nd.

even though there is no sudden rise in demand for v8s lately just to see what theyre offering is worthwhile alone imo.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I haven't gotten one from Audi yet.. But I used to get that once in a while when I had my BMW
Old 07-15-2008, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed ... it's just a traffic generator for the sales team.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I went in to the dealer when I first saw these and asked

what the difference was once you got one of these. He said it is just a marketing ploy to get you to come in. They focus on models of a specific age not a specific model apparently
Old 07-15-2008, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've received them from MBZ and maybe even Lexus, too...

It's always nice of them to say they'll appraise for free...and then, it gets tempting if their offer to buy your car is anywhere near what you're hoping to get. Add that to seeing all the new cars on their lot + maybe special 0% financing or cash back offers = too tempting to refuse in most cases. I usually shred those letters.

Quick Reply: I assume everyone gets these... Letter from dealer