S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Got a new car, AudiCare & Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a new car, AudiCare & Warranty?

Hi guys,

Super excited! Just got a '06 S4! got some question though with the warranty and the AudiCare package.

It's a CPO car with 13k miles on it, so the warranty expires on 2012.

We purchased the aftermarket warranty they were selling though, which costs $2500 and covers us through 2015. The warranty is through Fidelity Warranty Service. Anyone has heard of them and is this the same company Audi uses for all aftermarket warranty? Supposedly if we don't use it after 6 years, I can get my entire amount back?

The next question is the AudiCare Certified Pre-owned plan. If I pay $930 right now, it will give me 2 additional maintenance package, which is 55,000 and 65,000. Are those worth it? The salesperson claim they cost $1k each, so I am getting a good deal. Right, and those people can be trusted....

Appreciate any feedback, thanks!!!!!

'06 S4 Tip
'02 M3 SMG
Old 02-21-2009, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Got a new car, AudiCare & Warranty?

Hey I got an 06 S4 today as well....Congrats. What did the sales person say the packages cover for $1k each.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:11 PM

She said even though the '06 has the AudiCare package, it doesn't cover the last two years since my car is the CPO. And each of those maintenance costs $1k each, but if I do it now, it's ONLY $960 for both of them...

I told her I do maintenance on most of my cars, including the M3, but she said in order to retain the CPO status, I would have to do the maintenance through an authorized dealer...
Old 02-21-2009, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Did you already pay for it? And what dealer is it?
Old 02-21-2009, 08:37 PM

Audi of Bellevue, Washington.

Nope, haven't paid for it yet for the AudiCare package.

Already paid for the $2500 extended warranty though, but plan on getting the full refund tomorrow...
Old 02-22-2009, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well I like the warranty b/c you have no idea how it was treated before I got that oil chnge thing too but it only added 9 a month. Now I tyically don't do that crap but it was cheaper than just paying for oil changes at audi. I thought oil changes at audi were like $100 a pop. I still don't know how thy got a $770 package to be 9 a month b/c the math doesn't work right. I think they just played with the sales price to get it down. I've never heard that $1k thing you are talking about.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think the audi care was 650 for my 07 which they threw in by lowering my price for the car - as for value, I think their right on - the 55 and 65k services are big bucks - 55 I think the larger of the two. When you think about an oil change that requires 11 quarts of syn oil - thats pretty significant! Check you owners manual and see what all is required on those maintenance intervals - 500 minimum at a dealer is pretty typical and it keeps both your warrenties in tack!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default $930 up front is definitely not worth it for the 55k + 65k service...

your salesperson is lying... the 55k might be $500-600 and the 65k is a $150 oil change.

Also.

A) you might not even keep the car that long and have to check if the service plan is transferrable. The dealer is prob hoping you'd just trade in your car beforehand, so any extended service plan would not apply.

B) The big items on the 55k is oil change, pollen filter change, and spark plugs change and the 65k is an oil change, that shouldn't even come out to $930... your dealer is trying to rip you off..

BIG SKIP
Old 02-23-2009, 02:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default your salesperson is outright misleading you on ALL accounts...

The 55k service is an oil change, pollen filter change, and spark plug change + a variety of checks and tests for leaks.

The 65k service is only an oil change. Tell me that is worth $1k each to you.. (I would show you the maintenance interval from AOA for 2006 models, but it is a PDF file)

"she said in order to retain the CPO status, I would have to do the maintenance through an authorized dealer"

outright lie... there is no cause for your warranty to be negated unless there is proof that an independent mechanic used a wrong or non-geniune Audi part, or did something incorrectly that caused a problem on your car. In fact, it is against the law to deny coverage simply b/c you serviced your car at an indy Audi mechanic..

I've had other cars where I did service outside of the dealer, and never had a problem with having my CPO honored. Just keep receipts that necessary service has been done..<ul><li><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act</a</li></ul>
Old 02-23-2009, 02:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Why are you buying an additional warranty on a CPO Car? CPO is an extended 6yr/100k plan

A CPO car from an Audi dealer already has extended 6 year / 100k mile coverage... why are you paying an additional $2,500 up front for another aftermarket warranty that expires in 2015 ??

Quick Reply: Got a new car, AudiCare & Warranty?