S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - June 16th - 20th 2014

Old 05-26-2014, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - June 16th - 20th 2014

I am making plans to be back up in San Jose / Norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrap installations again between the dates of June 16th - 20th, 2014.

Here are links to some of my vinyl wrapping tours up to norcal:
1 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...066&highlight=
2 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...389&highlight=
3 -http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...186&highlight=

Just a reminder. E-mail (donathon@gmail.com) me to schedule/reserve your appointment slots. Everything is a first come first serve basis. I may have an available time slot one minute and it may be taken the next (this has happened before), so the sooner you can figure out your availability and confirm it with me the better. People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to norcal / Bay Area.

For me to process each inquiry as quickly and smoothly as possible, please use the following format below:

Subject title: Norcal June 2014 Trip
Type of car:
Material finish/color (IE gloss black, carbon fiber, etc):
Part(s) you're looking to wrap:

Here are links to pictures the cars that I have worked on and examples of my vinyl work, which I have separated into groups to more easily sort through and view them. My work is not limited to only what's seen/shown below, so feel free to ask if there is something you don't see but are interested in getting done.

Gloss / matte black roof wraps
3M Di - Noc / 1080 carbon fiber roof wraps
Blacked out chrome window trim
Smoked / tinted tail light pictures

Days that I have available at the moment (I will try to keep this as up to date as possible with how many openings I still have available):

Monday - June 16
Tuesday - June 17
Wednesday - June 18
Thursday - June 19
Friday - June 20

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 05-28-2014, 12:56 PM
Former Vendor

It may seem like a small subtle change to the car, but the before/after pictures shows how big of a difference it really is getting rid of the chrome/brushed aluminum that’s around the windows. It cleans up the looks and lines of the car, and at the same time gives it a more aggressive look.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 05-31-2014, 08:58 AM
Former Vendor

Had this brand new white BMW F32 335i coupe come by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. The car was brand new, but the owner had actually already started doing quite a few medications to it, by the time it arrived at my shop to have the work done. The gloss black roof looks good, and adds a nice touch to the car, and will tie in the look of the car fairly well as he continues to modify it.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Former Vendor

Current availability as of June 2nd, 2014:

Monday - Fully booked
Tuesday - 1 or 2 spots later in the day still available
Wednesday - Various appointments still available
Thursday - Various appointments still available
Friday - 1 spot *maybe* still available later in the day.

I’ve worked on several cars for the owner of this white BMW 650i gran coupe sedan before. This time he brought his car in to have me vinyl wrap the white portions of his roof with my gloss black vinyl material, to finish off and complete the gloss black roof look.

In addition to the roof, I also tinted/smoked the rear tail lights and the front head lights on this car. The film that I used is fairly light, and gives it an OEM+ type look, as if it could have came from the factory like this. In one of the pictures below, I took a picture of the tail lights with the lights on, with one side untinted/stock and the other side tinted/smoked, to give you an idea of how the light output is still with the film applied. You’ll see that even with the film, a the light coming through is still fairly bright.

Before:

Stock driver/left side - Tinted/smoked passenger/right side:

Stock driver/left side - Tinted/smoked passenger/right side (lights on):

Stock passenger/right side - Tinted/smoked driver/left side:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-06-2014, 09:31 AM
Former Vendor

The owner of this black c class coupe brought his car in to have me vinyl wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim and the rear trunk bar in my matte black vinyl material. We went with matte black over gloss black to give it some contrast on an already gloss black car. In addition, it also gives the car a bit more of an aggressive look, which worked out on this car. I believe the same owner came back to have me tint/smoke the tails on his car lightly, which really tied in everything together. I’ll see if I can find those pictures somewhere.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor

For this brand new white Mercedes Benz CLA 250 sedan, I applied my gloss black vinyl material to the roof to give it a panoramic look, which tied in the already front/rear windshields and also the already gloss black side rails/antenna. In addition to the roof, the owner of this car had me wrap the lower front portion lip of the bumper in my gloss black vinyl material as well. Even with these subtle changes, it changes the look of the car quite dramatically, giving it a more aggressive but still a clean look at the same time. The only other suggestions I could have given would to have been black out the chrome window trims and possibly slightly tint the tails.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Former Vendor

I always do enjoy having modified cars come by to have work done on their cars. The owner of this carbon black BMW E39 M5 came by to have me apply my light tint material to his whole tail light. This is the same material/shade that you see me using in all of my previous pictures of tinted tail lights. It may appear slightly lighter on this specific car, but that’s because on darker colored cars (IE black, dark grey, etc) the contrast between the tint shade and the car is not as big, so it’ll appear lighter than it does on lighter colored cars (IE white, silver, etc). He drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

Left/driver side tinted - Right/passenger side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-11-2014, 11:54 AM
Former Vendor

The owner of this car had me vinyl wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum trim on his A6/S6. I had previously done his S4 as well. We went with the matte black for the trim, which I think goes well with the more modified look of the car. The matte also blended well with the rubber/weather trim that runs around along the window trims as well. It worked out that the owner of this car was able to come back another day for me to take pictures of it in the sun light, so now you guys have an idea of how the wrapped trim looks like in dim vs bright lighting.

The blacked out trim looks good on all colors of cars, in my opinion, and it really cleans up the sides of the car fairly well. Gives the car a more sporty look without looking too modified. It looks as if it came from the factory like this.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Former Vendor

Current availability as of June 13th, 2014:

Monday - Fully booked
Tuesday - 1 later in the day still available for a small job
Wednesday - Various appointments still available
Thursday - 1 appointment available at 4pm.
Friday - Fully booked

I think everyone knows that black roofs and white cars almost go hand in hand, but I actually think black roofs on other colored cars such as this silver C36 AMG Mercedes Benz also adds quite a bit of character to the car. I really like the way the roof looked and turned out on this car, because it gave an older car a slightly more updated look and really makes it look sleek, in my opinion.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-16-2014, 08:50 AM
Former Vendor

Tentatively I am fully booked this whole week already, but I may be able to take on smaller jobs, or just depending on how flexible people's time schedules are. Most likely any jobs I take on will be later in the day, but it's still best for those who are interested to e-mail me in the chance that someone isn't able to make it then I can let you guys know right away.

I'll try to post some pictures of the cars that I am working on here as the week goes on.

Thanks.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com