RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!R!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!R!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! Rough crowd out there. It has been two weeks to the day since my last posting. As I mentioned before, I will let everyone know AS SOON as I know something. Here you go:

DATED February 18...faxed to me at 4:36 pm EST

"Dear Audi RS6 Owner
Some RS6 customers have reported shock absorber leaks with Dynamic Ride Control(DRC) suspension system. As a valued customer, your satisfaction is our utmost priority, so we intend to address this issue.

We have recently finished developing and testing improved shock absorbers for your vehicle and are in the process of producing the necessary parts to provide all RS6 customers a service. This service will replace all four shocks and validate the system functionality of the DRC suspension system.

Unfortunately, the necessary parts inventory required to complete this service will not be available until early August. We apologize for this delay. Once the parts become available we will notify you via first-class mail. At this time, you may schedule an appointment with an authorized RS6 dealer who will complete this service for you at no cost.

If you have previously paid for repairs to the DRC suspension system, the enclosed form explains how to request reimbursement. We would be pleased to review your reimbursement request as soon as it is received. Please be aware that we will install the improved shock absorbers even if you are eligible for reimbursement of previous repair expenses.

Additionally, if you have changed your addressor sold your vehicle, please fill out the enclosed prepaid Owner Reply card and mail it to us so we can update our records.

If you have any questions regarding the upcoming service, please contact Audi Customer CARE by phone or mail at: Audi of America, Inc., ATTN: Customer Relations, 3499 West Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48309, 1-800-253-2834.

We apprecite the opportunity to update your vehicle so thatit will continue to meet your high expectations. Thank you for your continued loyalty!"

OKAY.....I know....the letter is not exactly what was expected....but a good start. Please save posting your editorial comments and let us all put some finality to this issue.

* This letter will go out to all curent RS6 owners next week. BEFORE this happens, I am insisting through my now two (2) contacts at AoA that some language be cleaned up a little.

* Also, I am not forgetting about all of the RS6 owners who need repairs NOW. I explained to AoA today that for many individuals August is far too long to wait. I will communicate weekly with AoA to get new systems ASAP to those who heard the dreaded clunk today on your ride home from work.

* Here is what I see is still unresolved: (1) what exactly was improved and why are the same part numbers being used (2) are aftermarket systems included within the language of the letter "If you have previously paid for repairs to the DRC suspension system..." eligible for reimbursement. I was told straight out that they would be if documented and the letter is vague on this issue (3) how long will the parts be warrantied for and (4) a list of RS6 authorized dealers should be included in the letter. My thought is a major issue with multiple DRC failures was an inexperienced technician replacing/re-pressurizing DRC. If you can think of other concerns....email me this weekend.
** My experience. I got my car with the new DRC two days ago and took it for a quick ride. I have driven RS6 cars with completely failed DRC, failing DRC, and freshly replaced DRC. My car drives differently. The best way I can explain the new DRC is it appears to be similar to the Stasis track sport suspension I have in my B5 S4 car minus the over-stiff/bone jarring ride over bumps/potholes. The new DRC is very tight and will not dip under hard braking or acceleration. I feel I can really push the car around corners even under acceleration. The old DRC...even when new...felt a little squishy when pushed.

I appreciate all forum members who decided not to throw me under the bus a couple of days ago in the latest DRC posting. And for those that did....I think I have made some real progress with AoA since my very first posting less than 45 days ago concerning a potential class action lawsuit. I have no plans on washing my hands at this point. I will continue to correspond with AoA about this issue until all owners have been satisfied. Please email me at attyrobertiacovelli@yahoo.com this weekend if you have any direct questions.

I know I have not returned every message left at my office or responded to every email sent to me and I apologize for that. I received hundreds from both RS6/RS4 owners and have tried my best to answer everyone. I have compiled a final list of every RS6 owner who responded to me and will be forwarding it to AoA Friday morning.

-rob
Old 02-18-2009, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

That is entirely awesome and amazing...You will live in infamy..
Old 02-18-2009, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!R!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CORS6/NO.RADAR......call me directly at 508-736-9876 if your doubtful of my time invested in this. Now you all have my cell.
-rob
Old 02-18-2009, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for all the hard work.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:58 PM
p3u

Default Nice! I hope it holds out till August! Thank you!!!!!!!!

Only thing for me now is knowing what the "new" parts really are all about, but you are already on it!

Thanks again!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Uhhhh...your welcome...lol- I'm sure you intended that for Rob
Old 02-18-2009, 03:17 PM
p3u

Whoops! Lol, yeah for Rob, but thank you maxcpa for noticing!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Uhhhh...your welcome- again...:) I imagine this thread post will

achieve a high view post count.

Let me say again along with the others-

Thank you Rob!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:23 PM
p3u

Thanks again Rob! Opps! Not twice! :P
Old 02-18-2009, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Letter says nothing about the central valves. Are these getting replaced?

Quick Reply: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!R!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!