RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

I need DRC warranty repair facts please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 12:22 PM
SAF
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need DRC warranty repair facts please!

I have read most of the archive threads concerning the regularity of the RS6's DRC "problem", but I can't seem to put my fingers on what I need...start to finish documentation that someone has had (by an Audi service center) the DRC component problems diagnosed, repaired and covered under warranty.

Can anyone who has had this done <i>please</i> link your previous thread here, or post the details of the "covered" repair and contact info for the dealership that did it, or email me those details?

While my car was in for a month and $11k in repairs from a rear-ending, I asked the tech to begin the process of evaluating the DRC system and look at warranty coverage.

As expected, he found seepage at all four corners. But of course the dampers and central valve show up as non-warranty items. He is more than willing to help me in this process, but I need some help from you all, so that I can pass on <i>facts</i> about Audi ever covering this problem to him.

Thank you for any help!
Old 02-10-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: "But of course the dampers and central valve show up as non-warranty items." (edit)

Says who? "Shows up as non-warranty" where?

The central valve clearly IS covered under factory warranty; mine has been replaced twice at no cost, at Suncoast Motorsport in Sarasota, FL, tech named Chip, service writer Ron, all OK'd by AOA. In fact is was AOA that first SUGGESTED replacement of the valve two years ago. Are you talking about an extended warranty, or something besides factory warranty? And where does this show up as a non-warranty item? (I know I asked that twice, but I really want to know.)

(EDIT) Maybe the issue is whether to replace the central valve IN YOUR CASE? That's a little different, and there have been posts here about inconsistency among dealers replacing the central valve even tho it supposedly is a "must." I've also read here about an AOA memo to dealers to try to clarify coverage, but that was after my fix and I haven't seen it.

Meantime here's a link to a search I just did for DRC at rs6.com<ul><li><a href="http://rs6.com/forum/search.php?searchid=23264">http://rs6.com/forum/search.php?searchid=23264</a</li></ul>
Old 02-10-2007, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

"Diagnosed, Repaired, Covered." That's a new one. A few months back all of that was false!
Old 02-10-2007, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Just completed... other than the 25 days, it was straight forward and...

zero cost to me. Parts were $5k alone. All on Audi's dime. Took forever, but the car is totally "RIGHT" now...

Feel free to call Desert Audi here in Vegas. Cesar is the head mechanic, the only RS6 tech, and obviously... the guy who did the work.
702-822-7000
Old 02-10-2007, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

^^^^what he said^^^^ you are under factory warranty still, its covered
Old 02-10-2007, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ok...take a deep breath...is your car still covered by the original 4 yr/50k factory warranty?

If so, then you should be covered. I had leaking front shocks, spent months trying to convince the stealer that new central valves HAD to be installed, finally got my way after producing the linked doc below: look at page 43 or thereabouts<ul><li><a href="http://academy.accessaudi.com/files/SSPs/991303_RS6.pdf">CLICK</a></li></ul>
Old 02-10-2007, 11:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Just noticed something in your sig

are the Falkens with an extra sidewall load rating? If not I would not push the tires hard for any extened period of time out of a saftey concern.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:25 AM
SAF
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thank you all for the input.

I am at 53000 miles but have Audi CPO warranty. Bought the car with 49k miles back in October. The tech looked up the parts on his computer (I assume), as they relate to warranty and saw that none of the things I mentioned above were covered, whatever the mileage.

That is why I asked for the input here...I knew I had read about others getting this problem covered by Audi.

I printed out the whole DRC section of the Tech Specs and highlighted the paragraph on page 43 about leaks, and gave it to him a week ago. I think being able to contact other dealers who have done this as a warranty job will help my dealership and regional service heads to come around.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:49 AM

So original factory warranty covers DRC but CPO doesn't?
Old 02-11-2007, 08:59 AM
SAF
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default If one covers it, why wouldn't the other? That is part of the question...

But they are telling me the job isn't covered as a warranty item under 4/50k or CPO.

Quick Reply: I need DRC warranty repair facts please!