RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

2007 M5 vs RS6...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 10:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 M5 vs RS6...

Well... after a month of looking for it... I finally got a head to head match-up tonight on the freeway. And, while I still hold out hope for a stoplight to stoplight race... on the freeway, the M5 was faster.

I passed him in a bottle-neck where a cop stopped someone (here in Vegas). I waited for him to get clear, and wasn't sure he was even paying attention. When the headlights lifted, I new he was coming.

I stomped it, and as he caught up and passed, I was quickly at his speed (100+). We slowed for a car, and then I passed in the left lane. When he came into my lane(left) from the right, I waited(I was cruisin at 70mph) and then dumped. The RS was in the zone and haulin'... but he was right behind, and even creeping up. We were about 2-4 car lengths apart at 130-140mph, and he felt like he had a head of steam (he did, but he also was drafting me) he moved out to the right lane and then he realized we were closing in on a slower car... and dumped the brakes hard.

In the end, he coulda taken me. Not by as much as he thought... but enough.

I NEED TO CHIP THIS CAR. I believe I would get him from a stop... but I don't ever want ANY BMWeiner's to think their car is superior. WILL THE CHIP improve performance enough??
Old 10-26-2006, 02:53 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What else did you get for your 18th birthday?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ha! I guess I was having a "flashback"
Old 10-26-2006, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Ya doof. The BMW IS superior (performance wise).

The guy doesn't have to think it. He knows it. As far as performance cars go, the M5 has it all over the RS6.
I bought my RS6 for the excellent performance (though not ultimate driving machine teritory) and for Audi style and practicality. The BMW interior is not in the same league as the Audi.
In really bad winter conditions, with both cars on snow tires, the BMW gets spanked. In all other conditions the BMW rules.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:48 AM

<< ...yawn.................stretch...>>
Old 10-26-2006, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Get a CHIP, downpipes, exhaust = 1 quick rs6
Old 10-26-2006, 09:47 AM

Default POoooossible fix...

Thanks for sharing the story -- right now the guy's on the Bimmer boards telling everyone how he stomped you on open road -- don't feel bad though, its just charma catching up with us for all the E39 beatdown we've handed out over the last three years..anyway...here's the suggestion...

Chip (MTM GIAC and APR)
Hi-flo cats
swap exhaust
hyperboost values

out of pocket about 10K

on a cold/cool day on the East coast, this set up has produced crank at 560+

considering youre in sin city, temp will take away some benefit of the turbos...plus the new M5 has 50 hp on you bone stock so you are SOL in that category...a word of warning...if you chip and do the other suggestions, you "should not" be launching the car from a standstill -- tranny is the issue...search the forums...both this one and RS6.com -- you'll see some reported blowouts...good luck!!

Rich
Old 10-26-2006, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default REVISION:

I've decided, after re-reading my post... that I am, in fact, still only 17 years old (in a 36 year old body)... and that I should not be allowed to post anymore.

Therefore, I am banning myself from posting for an extended period of time (TBD)

P.S. I just really hope Audi doesn't skimp on the new RS6. I'll be waiting for it... and I am counting on it being another true "beast"
Old 10-26-2006, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default and you have been with one on the track...didn't walk on you too much did it...I took one in the

stoplight wars. Haven't had one on the open road.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:36 PM

Default 17...with an RS6...wow...congrats..

i have nothing further to add since i own a measly 4.2 A6. Carry on with the street racing..hopefully next time the Bimmer owner spills his latte on his lap enabling you to win one....

Quick Reply: 2007 M5 vs RS6...