RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Trading my 08 m3 for 08 RS4 tomorrow...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trading my 08 m3 for 08 RS4 tomorrow...

The M3 is a different beast, and I have to say I never really ended up liking it as much as I liked my old '05 S4. So I decided to find a nice RS4, and will be picking it up tomorrow.

I'm glad to be coming back to audi. I was wondering if anyone has autox'd their RS4? Back when I had the S4 I autox'd it a few times and it wasn't too bad in terms of fun, but it really ate the tires and felt pretty heavy.

I was wondering how the RS4 felt? I figure it's probably quite a bit faster with the higher HP engine, but I'm guessing the chassis probably feels the same. Any videos or experiences would be appreciated.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

is your M3 a twin clutch manual or 6-speed?
Old 11-23-2009, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Don't worry, the RS4 is a different beast when it comes to handling.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

The car was six speed.

I can't wait to go carve some twisties with the RS4. I really wonder how the 40/60 split feels when pushing the car. Also happy to be returning to AWD.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey that's pretty cool, congratulations and welcome back. I love everything about Bimmers except some recent styling, but even AWD Bimmers can't compete with Quattro.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

After owning a few S4s an e46 M3 and now the RS4 with stasis, sways and 275s, the M easily outhandles the RS4 in the twisties.....You just cant beat physics, and the AWD along with more wt distributed over the front end just kills the audi when pushed hard to the edge....

I'll still take my RS4 as I live in the northeast, but I am continually surprised when folks think the audi will outhandle the M3 on anything but foul weather...In fact on the twistiest of tracks, even the 335 is faster than the RS4....The M slaughters it, and while I hate the styling, it is an impressively built car.....
Old 11-25-2009, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboy
After owning a few S4s an e46 M3 and now the RS4 with stasis, sways and 275s, the M easily outhandles the RS4 in the twisties.....You just cant beat physics, and the AWD along with more wt distributed over the front end just kills the audi when pushed hard to the edge....

I'll still take my RS4 as I live in the northeast, but I am continually surprised when folks think the audi will outhandle the M3 on anything but foul weather...In fact on the twistiest of tracks, even the 335 is faster than the RS4....The M slaughters it, and while I hate the styling, it is an impressively built car.....
The RS4's advantage isn't in the absolute handling limits. In that regard, in the hands of a super skilled driver, the M3 will turn faster track times.

The RS4's advantage is the fact that in the hands of most people, it can be driven hard with a greater degree of safety and control than the M3.

I had the opportunity to drive a 135i hard on some mountain roads near where I live. With all traction mechanisms off to allow maximum performance, my tail was coming out on numerous occasions as I accelerated out of turns. The car even hopped a few times. Kind of scary on public roads that don't have 50 feet of flat grass on either side. The RS4 with Stasis MS on track settings, however, totally dominated these roads and was just so confidence inspiring.

When you are driving at 8/10ths and above, the RS4 gives a much greater margin of safety and control for those times when the road, your driving, the weather, etc aren't absolutely perfect.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Its not autox, but took my new RS4 for a track day at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma CA.... I dont think i've ever had this much fun in a car, racing harnesses here i come:

PT1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fAf0...eature=related
PT2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JycmK...eature=related
PT3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ps4L...eature=related
Old 12-02-2009, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Whew finally got the car.

I had some questions... The '05 S4 I had didn't have nav so I am unfamiliar, and I haven't RTFM'd yet.

How do I make it so that the radio doesn't automatically turn on when I turn on the car?
Old 12-02-2009, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

How do you like your RS4?

I just sold my '08 M3 Sedan. I never really fell in love with it, and am looking forward to picking up an RS4 soon.

Quick Reply: Trading my 08 m3 for 08 RS4 tomorrow...