RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Track training to face off against Evora?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track training to face off against Evora?

Guys, anyone here go to a racing school (preferably northeast area) they would recommend? Audi offers one but its in CA and uses the R8 which would be fun but I would actually prefer to find someone to teach me to drive my car on a track. Any thoughts?

Also, anyone ever faced off against a Lotus Evora either on a track or just at the stoplights? A friend of mine is getting one and I'd be curious what to expect if we roll them out one afternoon together...
Old 03-03-2012, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've done a couple of Skip Barber trainings and the coaching is pretty impressive. I used their formula cars but I think they have a program now where you can take your own car for a day. The Lotus is made to be an amazing car for cornering, it's not really meant to compete in a straight line so I doubt it'll be close. If your manifold is full of carbon and you're down 30-40hp THEN things could get interesting.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I second Skippy. My father was an instructer back in the day and I wrenched for them in the early 90's (high school). From a learning to drive standpoint, I've retained almost everything I was ever taught. I would recommend the Car Control clinic first, then if you have the funding the 3-day school. Beyond that its just addictive. The nice thing about the car control is really understanding the subtle aspects of suspension, physics and limits of a tire in wet and dry in a sedan, not an open wheel race car....Let us know what you do.

Originally Posted by gibsonl
I've done a couple of Skip Barber trainings and the coaching is pretty impressive. I used their formula cars but I think they have a program now where you can take your own car for a day. The Lotus is made to be an amazing car for cornering, it's not really meant to compete in a straight line so I doubt it'll be close. If your manifold is full of carbon and you're down 30-40hp THEN things could get interesting.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Thanks for comments

Thanks guys! Looks like Skip Barber is unanimous so I'll check out their offerings and dates for the spring. I'll post back once completed.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

The events that trackdaze runs as well as the Audi club events will be pretty good as well. You get your own instructor for your first 10+ track days. Their usually only about $300 for 2 days vs the $2-3k that Skip Barber would cost. I don't think doing Skip Barbers half day trainings would be enough track time to really get a feel for things. Usually tapes about half a day just to figure out the track and basics of the car.