RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Took your advice, guys...revised Bikini Driving School

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took your advice, guys...revised Bikini Driving School

Thanks to Bob and others, we focused for this episode on getting a girl with a personality.

Getting her in car reactions was MUCH easier than with past girls and I think it paid off.

Music is still an issue. The parent company won't let us use Nine Inch Nails music as they're already doing that, so I'm playing with remixes of songs, but it still skews techno-ish for younger crowds. Added tech specs and info, per your suggestions.

Are we on the right track?<ul><li><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Episode-10-Yellow-Fever_166738.htm">http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Episode-10-Yellow-Fever_166738.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 06-17-2008, 09:34 PM

Eek, this took a turn for the worse. It's un-watchable now for me...
Old 06-17-2008, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think i watched at most 30 seconds of it, including the FFWDing
Old 06-17-2008, 10:21 PM
zqk

the music sucked, all of it
Old 06-18-2008, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Have you tried actually looking through the cameras before recording?

Some thoughts:
* It doesn't matter what the car is - watching a windshield wiper and a dash board isn't interesting. Did you actually look at what the camera was going to record before recording that?
* The reaction shot barely had the girl in the frame. Again, did you actually check what the camera was going to record beforehand?
* Use rigid mounts for the cameras on the car. The vibration in this episode made it nearly unwatchable.
* If you're going to use the bimbo as nothing more than a bimbo, at least get a hot one.
* What's up with the random Lime Rock clip?
* The show is in dire need of a host. A quick voiceover which is almost a direct read of the text on the screen, but not quite, isn't very appealing.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:33 AM

I love the car wash ending
Old 06-18-2008, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default first of all, the girl is mediocre (a 6.5 at most)

the car is cheesy (lambos need to be left stock, practically any mod throws them over the edge into the land of guidos and chicks with pierced *****), and finally, the music is totally incongruent with the rhythm of what is being filmed.

you could clean it up a bit with a tall italian-type of girl that has class and a simple thong bikini (no zebra or camo designs) and then slow down the music a bit.... something like fauxliage or coldplay
Old 06-18-2008, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think this is the best one yet, good job!

That's the kind of model you need for these. The only thing I would add might be some very brief interview questions with a corner inset 'PIP' during the car wash scene (like you did with the in-car footage)...the questions could be anything, not necessarily car-related. 'where are you from?' etc....the kind of bull**** a guy might ask her if he ran into her at a club or something. This would also give you a chance to make the music quieter in the audio mix.

Kind of sucks about the NIN music. Will they let you use anything from the NIN remix website? Check out remix.nin.com....these are remixes of NIN songs mostly done by fans, and then uploaded to the site. Some are great, many of them aren't. You can also download the raw data files and make your own remixes (if you have someone proficient in Garageband or Ableton Live)....and best of all, it's free!
Old 06-18-2008, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default disagree 100%...this thing just needs a cute girl with personality, not a mannequin/robot.

the music, ok, it could be better....that's where the personality comes into play.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default The girl or music isn't the main problem here...

...it's the content, editing, and overall low production quality.

Quick Reply: Took your advice, guys...revised Bikini Driving School