RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

To those that have purchased a used rs4

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is very encouraging to me, given the current market pricing for an RS4.

Also, gotta love the Internet... This thread is another example of how we enthusiasts are able to help each other out with car purchases (pricing, helpful info including photos of the wrecked car! -not showing on the CARFAX).

If anyone knows of a pre-owned RS4 in the low 40's, please post or email me.

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2009, 02:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Go to Auto Trader and look around. This is how I got mine.
Low 40's would be an 07.

Here is a run for 08's I run before:

2008 RS4's on Auto trader

An a run of 07's. Mileage is increased as you get lower in price

2007 RS4's on Auto Trader

Cheers

Nick
Old 07-03-2009, 04:21 PM
EJO
AudiWorld Newcomer

Auto trader served me well also, I live in SoCal and found a phantom black w/ aluminum trim with what I think is a pretty rare interior (primarily black with cf trim and dove grey leather door inserts and seats), the seats have black piping. I found mine in Santa Monica and paid $44,500, 10K miles. It was a lease return and came with the warranty and Audi care. I previously owned an e46 M3 which I loved, but it hit 90K miles and like many of you I had loooong lusted after an RS4 ever first my first sighting in late '06.

The RS4 does have it's quirks, leaky suspension and oil build up issues. Suspension is not so much an issue if you plan to upgrade to coilovers (like I do).

Good luck on the search!!
Old 07-13-2009, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

this is my dream car as well.would you get a 2010 a4 or a used/cpo rs4? i want a new car for when i get back to the states (i live in germany). what maintenance like? is it killer?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by EJO
Auto trader served me well also, I live in SoCal and found a phantom black w/ aluminum trim with what I think is a pretty rare interior (primarily black with cf trim and dove grey leather door inserts and seats), the seats have black piping. I found mine in Santa Monica and paid $44,500, 10K miles. It was a lease return and came with the warranty and Audi care. I previously owned an e46 M3 which I loved, but it hit 90K miles and like many of you I had loooong lusted after an RS4 ever first my first sighting in late '06.

The RS4 does have it's quirks, leaky suspension and oil build up issues. Suspension is not so much an issue if you plan to upgrade to coilovers (like I do).

Good luck on the search!!

Since Audi stepped up and replaced everyone's leaking DRC, I haven't heard of a single one leaking again. *knock on wood* So that's likely one major annoyance down, leaving the carbon/DI-related issues still developing. But this isn't limited to just the RS4 motor - it's everywhere from Audi to Chevy.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by greatwhiteshark
Since Audi stepped up and replaced everyone's leaking DRC, I haven't heard of a single one leaking again. *knock on wood* So that's likely one major annoyance down, leaving the carbon/DI-related issues still developing. But this isn't limited to just the RS4 motor - it's everywhere from Audi to Chevy.
Audi decided to replace leaking DRC's? For RS4's? I heard the RS6 ones.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Viper_080
would you get a 2010 a4 or a used/cpo rs4? i want what maintenance like? is it killer?
Go with the CPO'ed RS4. You can find them with very little miles and very well taken care of..

<O</OMaintenance is no much more them any other Audi. Oil changes are a bit more since it requires more oil; tune ups are a bit more since it has 8 spark plugs. Brake pads and rotors are a bit more because their unique compared to the regular A4. No timing or ribbed accessory belt to break or change which is a big plus. (there is one little belt for the alternator that gets checked from time to time.)
Old 07-18-2009, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lbcaudi
FWIW I believe that Suzuka was the one over @ Strong Audi a while back with the crunched front end. From what I remember, the whole front bumper and some other parts were replaced.
To keep one's sanity, and for peace of mind, start here:

http://cars.audiusa.com/next_gen/empty_zip

This way you always get a CPO, choose model and body on the left, haggle with the dealers a bit.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought my 2007 RS4 last year in Oct 09 with 15K miles, premium package, half wrap invisible bra for $43K. Happy shopping!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Well you guys are giving me hope. I'd hoped to find a low mileage CPO'd RS4 for around $45k - sounds like that might be possible with a bit of haggling. At this point I'm considering 20k miles or lower, so long as it's CPO'd.

Originally Posted by sonbi999
I bought my 2007 RS4 last year in Oct 09 with 15K miles, premium package, half wrap invisible bra for $43K. Happy shopping!

Quick Reply: To those that have purchased a used rs4