Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

lol, that may be more likely
Old 07-21-2007, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Through sophisticated technology, we interpreted what he really meant

How would you define the role of the M3 in the BMW M range?

Well with Audi's latest introduction of the RS 4, on a 5+ year old platform, we're getting out asses handed to us. We're really hoping that they don't bring the RS 5. The M3 used to be the poster child of a race car for the road, but in recent years we've lost that so we can appeal to a wider group of arrogant douché bags who have no idea what they're driving.

What do you see as the key rivals for the M cars?

Well this where I'd like to say the Porsche 911 is our main rival, but it's too good for us to compete against.

(laughs)

I'm going to feed you some b.s. line about how Audi's Quattro awd system won't give you as much feed back throught the steering, but I'm not going to tell you how it gives you superior grip, and acceleration through corners. And I'm not going to tell you how Mercedes is starting to make some quality cars. OMGHI2BMWHiTECHNEWDIFFERENTIAL!!!

AMG has recently started to offer a limited run of tuned cars called Black Series. Can we expect a similar range from BMW?

I'm giong to say that "the Black Series is a way of trying to change the character of the cars" from sporty to really fvcking sporty w/ a **** ton of horsepower. I really don't know how it changes the character of the AMG series, but I thought'd I say b/c I'm an arrogant BMW person.

Audi recently introduced the R8 to much acclaim. Will BMW build a supercar?

I would love to try to build something like the Carrera GT, but we at BMW M really can't compete with something that gorgeous, and dynamic. I will say how the Carrera GT was not a success even though every model was sold with in projected periods.

Now I will say that the M3 and M6 are teh **** and how we can't build a more "fun" car to compete with the R8. But what I wont tell is how the R8 is quicker, better looking, has ~80hp less and is still able to whip the M3 and M6 around the track. Oh, and did I mention that the R8 is waaayyy better looking?

If you build a $1million supercar, people will buy it. But we're not going to try anything over the $150k mark b/c companies such as Porsche, Ferrari, Pagani, Koenigsegg, and others have already established a strong identity in that market and would rather buy those than our BMW.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:53 PM

HAHA very funny stuff
Old 07-21-2007, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

WELL DONE!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You forgot that none of those other cars have what we call the "M-ness"

"M-ness" is that indefinable, unexplainable and unmeasurable quality that our M concept has, which no other manufacturer can claim. Our "M concept" is a thought, a wish, a subliminal feeling of superiority which our marketing imparts on all of our M division automobiles.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:48 AM
RS7

Default LOL, LOL, LOL, ROFL

What you said is actually what he was saying in his mind.

Overall Richter sounds like he has more "M" badges up himself than an MZ4. And that car is oozing with them.