RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Soon to be RS4 owner (probably)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soon to be RS4 owner (probably)

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been researching RS4s for a while and think I'm ready to pull the trigger on this. I'm coming from an 07 Subaru Legacy GT which I was pretty happy with.

I tood the Audi for a final test drive today and love it, except the suspension doesn't feel right after giving the car quick small inputs, like the shocks need extra time to settle. But on the plus side it has the titanium package and catback exhaust. Only reason I couldn't buy today was the salesman was delivering an RS5 to some lucky b******!

So anyway... maybe tomorrow! Did anyone opt for the extended warranty? Any last minute things to think about? The suspension had the recall done and I know the carbon buildup problem is just a general maintenance type of thing.

I appreciate any input, thanks!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You should likely bring up the DRC TSB on the suspension with this car. I had mine done before I bought the car and it's fairly sharp. Test drive it again. Good luck.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I have a printout of the service history done at Audi. It has:
2009-10-21: Shock Absorbers replaces.

I think i saw in another thread that people were talking about the TSB being in 2010 but i'll have to look again. Part numbers for the replacements are 8E0412020B and 8E0412019B. They told me that the parts were the updated ones.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The shocks were probably replaced prior to the campaign. Obviously the leaking/clunking was quite common since Audi ended up doing the campaign. Bad installations were also common due to the special tools and training involved, and the relatively few RS4s to gain experience with.. You could ask the dealer to check the shocks for leaks and make sure the pressure is neither too low or too high. It's all worth it though
Old 07-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm definitely going to bring it up today,especially because they told me the suspension was all up to date and fixed. Extended warranty may be worth it?
Old 07-31-2012, 08:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm officially an RS4 owner now! '08 with titanium package and a GMG Racing catback exhaust. Been too busy driving and washing it to post up. Love it so far! The iPod interface is terrible and no aux input, but I guess I didn't buy it to listen to music in. Here she is:
Old 08-01-2012, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations Coupon! Its a good car. Not the best at any single metric but they are the best at being very good at many things. I installed the Audi ipod (Aux) interface then ebayed it soon after. The motor makes better music anyways.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sweet Ride!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks guys, happy to be part of the family. I know i'm a little late to the playing field and there are hundreds of pages to read here. Any quick links to tricks/hacks/mods? I'm not quite (read:not at all) ready to spend what a cheap, brand new car costs on a supercharger, but what else have you guys done to fulfill the need to change things?
Old 08-02-2012, 05:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I haven't done anything yet. I plan on changing my trim, tires, manifold spacers, and carbon cleaning all at once. My brakes will shortly follow.

Quick Reply: Soon to be RS4 owner (probably)