RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 Deal Cannot Leave it alone

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 Deal Cannot Leave it alone

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Hi, driving a SAAB Turbo X having a lot of fun, but this deal popped up and can't get it out of my head. I thought of you guys, i think it is a super deal, what do you think?
Old 05-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kandiru

Hi, driving a SAAB Turbo X having a lot of fun, but this deal popped up and can't get it out of my head. I thought of you guys, i think it is a super deal, what do you think?

Very nice deal! Make sure nothing major is wrong with it, drive it, ect. Total snatcher
Old 05-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Imola...3A1|240%3A1308

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-RS...3A1|240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-Au...3A1|240%3A1318

16k - 54k
7k- 48k
33k - 41k

Kinda feels like prices dropped overnight!! I thoguht they would level out, ep since RS4 isnt being made anymore. V8 and economy probs.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Banned

I can probably do better for you....email me at brucem105@comcast.net. I buy a lot of Audis for people here, and while it's a great looking car, it's not a great price.

Bruce
Old 05-17-2009, 05:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kandiru

I would suggest to stick with CPO cars if you can ... you pay a bit more but you also get 2 additional years on drivetrain warranty. On such a HP car, that is worth something in my opinion. Good luck and enjoy!!
Old 05-17-2009, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

I looked at the
Audi CPO inspection list

Here is what is covered:
CPO warranty coverage

Tons of inspecting checking etc etc... They were asking $2k more. I decided to forgo the CPO certification. One thing I got nailed. They did not give me a second key thus I had to get my own for a cool $300. I should have asked, I should have known. The CPO would have included that. Also they did not change the oil. It was quite dark. It cost me about $100 and some my own time. They will offer the extended warranty before the standard new warranty is over. I can buy it then. If the CPO is giving you the warm and fuzzies and it is worth the extra $2k by all means go for a car that has it. I am inclined to believe that if a car has issues they will surface within the first 3-4 years but hey a car is a car. Anything can happen.

Potential issues I hear all about is the DRC leak. Which is a hit or miss with the dealers. Some will do it no problem others will denied it until the world freezes over.

Also carbon deposits on the valves. Same thing. It can be more of a pain in the behind to get the dealer to admit it and take action than to actually pay and have it done on your own.

Other than that it is a quite complicated car so things can go wrong.

Cheers

Nick
Old 05-17-2009, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It's a good deal. A few weeks ago I bought a 2007 with 14k miles for $46k. No CPO.

Regarding the CPO, it is two things, an inspection and a warranty. Most dealers will replicate the inspection for $100 or so. As far as the warranty, it is somewhat better than an extended warranty, but you have to pay for it a couple of years in advance of when you need it (when the factory warranty runs out). I decided that it wasn't worth doing that. (My previous car was totaled before the factory warranty ran out, which is one example of something that would have made it a complete waste.) Also, make sure if you do a CPO that it is transferable. Many cars have CPOs that are not. So be sure to check that with the dealer.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"Also, make sure if you do a CPO that it is transferable. Many cars have CPOs that are not. So be sure to check that with the dealer."

Audi CPO does not transfer....has not since well over a year ago.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RVTS4
"Also, make sure if you do a CPO that it is transferable. Many cars have CPOs that are not. So be sure to check that with the dealer."

Audi CPO does not transfer....has not since well over a year ago.
Correct. If it is a new CPO (buying a car used from a dealer with a newly issued CPO) the CPO will not be transferable. It is possible to buy a used car from a private party or a dealer with a CPO warranty already in place that is transferable. It usually happens when you are becoming the third owner, but not always. Sometimes a car is damaged in transit and is repaired and CPO'd before the first owner takes possession.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:43 PM

wow I could have gotten that instead of my slow B8 ar

Quick Reply: RS4 Deal Cannot Leave it alone