RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Next RS4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next RS4?

i tried doing a search and came up short and google was no solid help either. I was just curious if Audi plans on releasing an RS4 in the US anytime soon? unless i am mistaken audi only releases one model RS at a time in the states and i know the RS5 will be coming soon, will RS4 come after? If so what year?

I really think audi is selling its customers short by not releasing RS models. I dont understand why they wouldnt, BMW has M, MB has AMG and Audi has RS..... every 2-4 years. If anyone could shed light on why Audi does this it would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I am in the market for a new RS4

My 2008 Grey RS4 was parked in this parking garage last Friday night in chicago They just got all the water out of the garage and my car will be towed out tomorrow.

I really wish Audi would come out with a new one, because I am now once again in the market for one.

2008 RS4 with 25k miles, RIP
Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2010, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

WOW...that is bad luck. At least you should get top dollar from the insurance!!! Good hunting for you next RS 4.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by I'ma Lazzzzer
i tried doing a search and came up short and google was no solid help either. I was just curious if Audi plans on releasing an RS4 in the US anytime soon? unless i am mistaken audi only releases one model RS at a time in the states and i know the RS5 will be coming soon, will RS4 come after? If so what year?

I really think audi is selling its customers short by not releasing RS models. I dont understand why they wouldnt, BMW has M, MB has AMG and Audi has RS..... every 2-4 years. If anyone could shed light on why Audi does this it would be greatly appreciated
Sorry about your car. NO RS4 for the B8. The reason is the B5 has not been designed to hold the V8 whereas the S5 has had a V8 from the start - It's a marketing decision and Audi is not noted for making great decisions in the US (i.e. no A3 quattro with a stick)
Old 07-27-2010, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

another brilliant audi decision.. No S5 cab in stick
Old 07-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

and no s3
Old 07-27-2010, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

and no rs3 either for us yanks
Old 07-27-2010, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 142 Likes on 98 Posts

Well, at least the RS5 is coming...

http://www.autospies.com/news/OFFICI...nounced-56219/
Old 07-29-2010, 06:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default The US is a bad market for RS cars

Originally Posted by I'ma Lazzzzer

From what I have heard, the US buyers just do not support RS cars. I bought my 2008 RS4 last year in August after it sat at the dealer for a year. That is why I got such an incredible deal. I talked to another dealer who sold 1 RS4 and the manager refused to buy another one because he was so afraid he would not be able to move it.

I read that the RS5 will be a very low volume car in the US. That is the one saving grace that keeps the RS values high, low volume. I just do not think there is enough demand in the US for multiple RS cars. As for not importing sticks, for the few people that want them, the costs of passing US safety tests are not worth it. Sticks and automatics are tested seperately. Just like we did not get the flat bottom steering wheel and european seats on the RS4. It would have required a new set of tests and for 2000 cars a year it was not worth it. I can't really blame Audi.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Don't Cry, they towed my car out of the garage

Does anyone know if there are any white or Avant 2008 RS4's in the states?
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Next RS4?