RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

New RS4 owner, already troubled, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ah we all love a story with a happy ending! The throttle body is the part that i mentioned to check that's directly behind the left high pressure fuel pump when looking at the motor with the hood up. I had to replace one on my wife's cadillac SUV a few years back. Definitely not cheap but sometimes there's just no alternative to getting out your wallet. You are lucky to have it covered under warranty, and smart to establish a good relationship with your dealer. Bravo!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shannonandwill
So here's another update. The dealer contacted Audi NA and was advised to replaced the throttle body. So I picked up the car on Thursday morning and everything seems to be normal now. All the work was covered by the extended warranty I purchased. I hope it'll remain this way. I like this to be a long term relationship!
can i ask who you got your extended warranty with and what you ended up paying?
Old 02-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by torino06
can i ask who you got your extended warranty with and what you ended up paying?
I purchased my car from Penske Mercedes next to Penske Audi and they offered Safe-Drive extended warranty that any Audi dealer in the US will honor. There are several levels of coverage I purchased the second most extensive which covers almost everything from engine to drivetrain and electrical for 36 months/36k miles for $4132 with a $250 deductible. Hope this helps.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi all. Just an update and question. It's been about 2 months since I had the throttle body replaced. For the most part the car has been awesome. But very occasionally under full throttle in 2nd gear the acceleration still retards and hesitates, like the fuel is being cut off. The car of course would jerk violently. It would only last for 1/2 a second and the acceleration would resume without further issues. This happened about 7 times in the last 2 months, last time a few days ago. I've been back at my Audi dealer ~2 weeks ago for the routine 65k mile service and brought it up to them. Of course they couldn't find anything wrong. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 06-01-2014, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sounds like symptoms of a pressure washed engine bay.

Seriously, in my day i've seen a few harness connectors corrode from spraying water in the engine bay. The contacts dry out and corrode, etc. Sounds stupid, but its worth a shot to pull all the connectors and have a look. Clean out the connectors with carb cleaner and put some CRC Dielectric Grease on them then clip them back together.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Still having problem

Thanks for the info, will give it a try this upcoming weekend. I've been driving the car hard to see if the problem resolve. It's a lot better but still happens when I was not expecting it.