RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome!

Like the colour of your RS and absolutely love your C63.
My next purchase, I think.
What are your impressions between the C63 and RS?
Old 01-12-2014, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Welcome .. seems like a LOT of RS4 owners are/were subaru owners too...

Name:  20140111_122727_zpskypm5tdq.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  106.0 KB
Old 01-13-2014, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello all. I too am new to the forums, and a 1st time Audi owner. I just bought a 2002 A4 3.0L on Saturday. So far I am loving it. Before I owned a early 90's BMW 325i, and the A4 is so much more fun to drive. I have a quick question. On the instrument cluster display there is an outline of the car which indicates doors open and such. On this display the hood is flashing. I have open and closed the hood trying to rest it, but that isn't working. Anyone have any ideas? I have looked in the owners manual, googled it, did a hood light flashing dance in my living room and have still not found an answer. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gjohnson1227
Hello all. I too am new to the forums, and a 1st time Audi owner. I just bought a 2002 A4 3.0L on Saturday. So far I am loving it. Before I owned a early 90's BMW 325i, and the A4 is so much more fun to drive. I have a quick question. On the instrument cluster display there is an outline of the car which indicates doors open and such. On this display the hood is flashing. I have open and closed the hood trying to rest it, but that isn't working. Anyone have any ideas? I have looked in the owners manual, googled it, did a hood light flashing dance in my living room and have still not found an answer. Thanks in advance.
Hello and welcome to the club. You will likely have much better luck getting your question answered by posting in the A4 forum (this is the RS4 forum).
Old 01-13-2014, 06:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gjohnson1227
Hi gjohnson - Welcome!

you have happened into the B7 RS4 platform discussion group, and added to another member's thread about his new RS4. You will probably get more satisfaction visiting the B6 discussion group located here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b6-platform-discussion-34/

That said, sounds like either your hood sensor is on the fritz, or your living dance was not adequate to satisfy the Audi Gods. Perhaps a more German dance, like this?

Old 01-13-2014, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by G35Dalf
Welcome!

Like the colour of your RS and absolutely love your C63.
My next purchase, I think.
What are your impressions between the C63 and RS?
Thanks!

As for how they compare, this is a quick copy paste from another thread of mine.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Exterior

Two completely different cars. The audi is for more stream line and "elegant." The thing that I LOVE about the RS4 is they got the fenders right. If you look at the AMG the rear fender is tiny compared to the front and it bugs me a little sometimes. It's like, is that a C300 or C63 when you look from certain angles. With the RS4 there is no doubt that it is an RS and not an A/S model. I do, however, like the edgy sharp features the Mercedes has as well. Exterior comes down to just personal preference and I don't prefer one over the other because I really like them both.

Interior

Audi wins this one. The seats are more comfortable which doesn't mean I don't like the C63. When I sit in the C I feel like I have to go fast just because of how the seats are. Extremely sporty. The Audi has less sport of a feel but much more comfortable for that daily driving. Another thing that just drives me crazy about the AMG is the door locks. I can take a picture, but on the door the mercedes has cheap plastic ***** where the Audi is completely shaved and so much cleaner. On the other hand, what in the ____ were the Audi engineers thinking with that armrest? I'm sure that is a running joke on here somewhere, I just always keep mine up. I also have the carbon fiber trim which is so awesome where the c63 is just wrapped in CF. However, the drivers side door has a crack in it and I cringe at thinking how much it is to replace that piece when in the C I can just slap some new vinyl on it and good to go. The AMG command unit (screen) is easier to use, a little bigger, so that wins there. Back seat and trunk is pretty much the same in terms of space and comfort. Other little things like the cluster just comes down to taste but they are both comparable. One last thing, the sun roof control is a little different in the RS. It took me a second to figure it out where in the C it is very straight forward. Just those little things.

Audio

Sorry guys, the harmon kardon in the AMG literally blows the bose out of the water. That is very different. The bose isn't terrible and in fact it is a million times better than the audio in my subaru. However, the Mercedes simply just wins here, nothing much else to say.

Performance

This is interesting. I've only had the RS for the winter on winter wheels. I was honestly surprised by the straight line capabilities of this car even given that. It is a little annoying that I have to press a sports button every time I get into my sports sedan but I guess I do the same thing essentially in the AMG so I can't really complain. I also don't drive the C in the snow but that is obviously because of the audi's quattro which is far superior to the Subaru AWD system in my opinion. I've never had as much fun in a snow filled parking lot than I have in this car. The stability through corners is definitely there which is why I think things would be very close going around a circuit course in both cars (such as that top gear ep I'm sure everyone has seen). However, in the straights the AMG wins every time. As far as the sound the AMG is just awesome. It's loud, ridiculous, in your face... You know, what you expect out of the AMG. Then there is the Audi which is extremely class. It isn't quiet, but not a screamer. That growl that comes from right behind the dash is amazing. I want to open it up a little bit more because that is just my preference and I like things when they are just loud when you are on it.

As for the fuel economy... Um, haha. AMG actually might do a little better but likely because it has a third the miles, two years younger, automatic, etc.

Overall I love them both. I really do. However, if it came down to me absolutely 100% having to get rid of 1 I would offload the Audi if that means anything. It would be a really hard choice though because I love the uniqueness of both cars and the Audi is just truly a fun car at the end of the day.