RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Has anyone come out with a good gadget to connect Iphone??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it! and it HAS to sound better than our BLOSE system!! LOL
Old 01-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Banned

BADRS4 it's pretty clear you're clueless on this stuff. You can't even answer simple questions because you know your **** doesn't work very well.

Stop being so ****ing dramatic and defensive. The guy just wants to know how the aux setup actually interfaces. From the sounds of it it is not that good. Certainly not as good as the SD cards which can be controlled with the steering wheel.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

I can't believe this thread is still going! I think anyone with an iPhone or iPod would know how to use it so I don't think we need a blow by blow on that. You load ur playlist, let it play and drive to your destination. Do people really drive along in these cars saying, hey I wanna hear Justin Timberlakes .... Right this second! If so, maybe you don't deserve your RS4 because you're clearly unappreciative of her. I wish thread death upon this listing!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
BADRS4 it's pretty clear you're clueless on this stuff. You can't even answer simple questions because you know your **** doesn't work very well.

Stop being so ****ing dramatic and defensive. The guy just wants to know how the aux setup actually interfaces. From the sounds of it it is not that good. Certainly not as good as the SD cards which can be controlled with the steering wheel.
Saki, are you kidding me????? You disappear for a week and this is what you come back with?? Don't try and hide behind some other guy's question. You can't speak for him, and NO he was not asking HOW the aux cable interfaces with our head unit! You, ballzdeep and your stupid 1996 SD cards can go eat yellow snow together!!! This is such a dead issue, and if you decide to get rid of your wackberry and join the movement of iPhone paradise....email me so I can give you step by step instructions with pictures on how to listen to your music....otherwise let it GO!!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...php?p=23511211

Here's some nice pics of a complete audio overhaul over our BLOSE system!...you can see the aux input if you scroll down to the bottom....this guy Brianja helped me to find all the parts online, since when he did his, his audio technician had to solder directly to the pins in our radio. However, these days the parts are available for direct connection, like I did.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BADRS4
Negative...it's very easy to do...took me 1 hour to add aux input and I play my iPhone everyday! follow this step by step http://audiforum.us/threads/aux-input.6322/page-7
Does this upgrade work if I have the unit with the iPod adapter in the glovebox?
Old 01-31-2012, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BlkJet
Does this upgrade work if I have the unit with the iPod adapter in the glovebox?
Since you already have the iPod adapter in your glovebox (most of the 08's have it) then you won't need an adapter...that adapter is more setup for iPod's as opposed to iPhone's so the playlists and menu screens don't really convert...however it should pull in most of your music from an iPhone. However if you still want to do Aux input instead of the iPod adapter you can. You would just use an Aux input in place of the iPod connector. Let me know if you need help with this.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

My problem is the 4S doesn't fit into the slot, so it's pretty useless. I want to use pandora, spottily and other apps through it so I think I still need to do the aux input. Do I need the new nav dvd too? I called Audi today and they are charging $208.00 for it! Yes I would totally appreciate some help!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Good deal!! Ok here's what you can do....I did go ahead and buy the new Nav disc. But I was told that you can just borrow someone else's disc...update your VAGcom, restart the car...and the new codes will remain....As far as adding the Aux cable (it's really the best way) It was really simple and the parts cost me about $55 I ordered them from an Audi parts internet reseller. There are a few online. Just do a search. And you can use those same part #'s listed in the A3 mod that I posted a few weeks ago. You just order those parts..and the Audi RNS-E Radio Key's so you can remove your radio. And since your car already has an aux connection, you should only have to tap in to the existing Molex connector and run your Aux cord to it. If not, you can just follow the A3 mod step by step and wire into the open port on the back of the Radio and you're good to go. I left my aux connector sitting behind my radio, becuz I don't want to "cheez" up our interior with that big flip open Aux Connection on my dashboard. You can be creative and wire it to the lower console near the emergency brake like BrianJa did in the forum below with his RS4 or pay and Car audio guy $100 to wire it wherever you want it to go. I was fine with just leaving it sitting behind the radio...and I ran my Male to Male aux cord right into the connector and down the side of the center console near the floor on the passenger side. Since I have like a 4 foot cord. There is plenty of free play, and whenever I'm not using the cord I can tuck it under the passenger floor mat or whatever to keep it out of site...It's really a simple set up. And sounds great! Also, you can cycle thru CD/SD/Aux screen really nicely on the radio. So you won't lose any current functionality of SAT radio or CD changer or SD cards. Let me know if you need more help!