RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Is Certified Pre-Owned Worth the Price?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the responses! I have to trade-ins (the 2004 Audi S4 as well as a Jeep) which is why trading in the vehicles would be much less of a hassle (not to mention only paying tax on the cash difference). I am planning on keeping the car for a long time and therefore am very interested in the CPO. I'm going to negotiate tomorrow and see what I can do. The accident reported on CarFax will be a good reason to lower the price, not to mention the many other vehicles that are available for less.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cni2i
I also don't think it's worth that kind of markup! BUT, it really depends on how long you intend to keep your cars. I rarely keep my cars for more than 3-5 years; hence, CPO warranty is not a priority for me. Looking back at my car history, I have sold my previous two bmws the same year the original warranty ran out. But again, if you intend to keep the car longer, CPO may be worth looking into. It may also be a little easier selling a car privately down the road that has a CPO warranty...IF the original warranty had run out.

GL with finding your RS4!
CPO is non-transferable
Old 09-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by alvinaus
CPO is non-transferable
Really? I am new to Audis. I know with BMWs, the CPO IS transferrable.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I know which car you are speaking of... the black 2008 Ti on the East coast with the rear end damage claimed in 2008. It was at an Audi dealership in Cicero, NY last month for $49,995. Not one like it... but literally THAT car. They traded it to another dealership and slapped $8000 more on the sticker.

It was a CPO already at the $49k price.

Audi dealerships are going F@#%ING insane lately. They all are jacking the prices up on their CPO RS4's. Two months ago they were all at the $49-$50k mark with 10,000 to 30,000 miles CPO. Now they are shuffling them all around like this and cranking up the sticker price.

The sad thing is, suckers are paying it.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Really? I am new to Audis. I know with BMWs, the CPO IS transferrable.
It was transferable on Audi's until 2006 when they changed it. It used to be transferable with a $50 deduct. on repairs. Now it's non-transferable with an $85 deduct. A birdie told me it's going up to $100 shortly.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ragdoll,

Thanks for the info. I'm going this morning and I'm going to tell them exactly what you said. Much appreciated.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ragdoll
I know which car you are speaking of... the black 2008 Ti on the East coast with the rear end damage claimed in 2008. It was at an Audi dealership in Cicero, NY last month for $49,995. Not one like it... but literally THAT car. They traded it to another dealership and slapped $8000 more on the sticker.

It was a CPO already at the $49k price.

Audi dealerships are going F@#%ING insane lately. They all are jacking the prices up on their CPO RS4's. Two months ago they were all at the $49-$50k mark with 10,000 to 30,000 miles CPO. Now they are shuffling them all around like this and cranking up the sticker price.

The sad thing is, suckers are paying it.
Wow! I am so glad I bought mine B4 the prices started to climb back up. As I posted before...I had a suspicion that once the economy turns around a bit (I know it's still s*%ks), prices for our RS4s will probably start to go up. Great for current owners...but bad for people looking to get an RS4.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You're not kidding. I just made the purchase this morning! I wound up negotiating for a great price and I'm very happy with my decision! One question, however, the iPOD interface only displays 'Track 1, Track 2' and not actual song titles. Is this typical?
Old 09-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JibbyOne
You're not kidding. I just made the purchase this morning! I wound up negotiating for a great price and I'm very happy with my decision! One question, however, the iPOD interface only displays 'Track 1, Track 2' and not actual song titles. Is this typical?
Congratulations and enjoy. I remember when I bought mine. Pure joy and excitement. I took mine out last night and did some spirited driving along some canyon-like roads. Ahhh...how the car sings.

So, did you end up purchasing from the dealership? If you don't mind, how good of a deal did you get?
Old 09-19-2009, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow! I am so glad I bought mine B4 the prices started to climb back up. As I posted before...I had a suspicion that once the economy turns around a bit (I know it's still s*%ks), prices for our RS4s will probably start to go up. Great for current owners...but bad for people looking to get an RS4.
It's only inflated in the eyes of dealerships. You can get 2008's for low to mid $40k's if you look. And then you just talk nice to an Audi dealership and have them CPO it for $1900 plus anything they have to fix(there is a little more to it than that, but that's about it).

Aaaaanyways, point is, for the rest of you... don't get sucked into these prices, they are transparent attempts by dealerships to make a killing.

Quick Reply: Is Certified Pre-Owned Worth the Price?