RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

buy an RS4 cabrio or wait for the S5 cabrio

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantom RS
Supposedly they are getting 431hp out of the S/C V6 with just a chip upgrade for $3k.

http://www.quattroworld.com/tunernew...th-just-a-chi/

Presumably that would work on the S5 cab with the same engine, and you'd have the better front/rear balance and the more modern platform. I love my RS, but that does sound tempting.
that will violate your warranty on a 60k car. You can get basically same Hp with warranty on RS4. But new cars are nice......
Old 07-08-2009, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bignoze
that will violate your warranty on a 60k car. You can get basically same Hp with warranty on RS4. But new cars are nice......
Yeah I know. But the point was they got that much with just a chip. With a smaller pulley and other inexpensive mods you could probably get much more. I think it's interesting just because the car clearly has a lot of mod potential.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Im not looking to mod either car in anyway.. my s4 avant is stock and its fine. just thinking ahead. I swore I read the cabrio was initially coming out in v8 form and then when audi switches the S5 coupe to the s/c powerplant the cabrio would follow. Ill have to do some additional research I guess.. I appreciate all the posts and feedback though. Keep it coming
Old 07-08-2009, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bignoze
Well I wish I bought yours.......because I am doing Exhaust and already did the intake.

Where did you trade yours?
Traded in at Jack Daniels in NJ, Someone got a great car. Was never parked outside and not a mark on it. Have you decided on an exhaust yet? If not you need to check out the Tubi. Went to many car shows and was always told it's the best sounding exhaust they ever heard on an Audi
Old 07-08-2009, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scott61
Traded in at Jack Daniels in NJ, Someone got a great car. Was never parked outside and not a mark on it. Have you decided on an exhaust yet? If not you need to check out the Tubi. Went to many car shows and was always told it's the best sounding exhaust they ever heard on an Audi
I watched your car on ebay for a while. Then I bought one in driving distance in MI, I am in Chicago.

I love it. I have the grey interior which is a big thing for me because the black gets to hot. I had a tough time find black/grey lots of blk/blk.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by scott61
It was your car that put the bug back in my head!

The guys at JD didn't know what they had in that beautiful car of yours. I told them it was a Tubi and I also saw the intake on it...not to mention the perfect clear bra you had installed.

Damn...I missed it by a hair as I hesitated based on color (I'm been looking for Mugello and then Daytona in that order). I already have a black 911 so didn't think it was ideal given the difficulty of keeping black...black.

Someone did get VERY lucky with you car as you mentioned...sold for under $57k.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

ok.. so from what I have read the S5 cabrio is going to be powered by the s/c engine. eventually the s5 coupe will be going with the s/c as well.

So that makes my decision a little more difficult. Guess Ill have to wait and see and drive a S5 carbio when they come out later this year. The worst that can happen is the further depreciation of the RS4 cabrio so either way its not all that bad.

Thanks for the advice guys.

BTW.. Im leaning heavily towards the RS4 cabrio vs the s5. 400+ hp is a lot of fun and the car looks so much more aggressive than the S5 pics Ive seen. Wife likes the S5 cabrio so Im fighting an uphill battle I suppose.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

I would definitely go with the RS4. You cannot beat the feel and speed of the car or the sound coming from the back with the top down. Just don't forget to push that S button! I bought mine new for $90K and have absolutely no regrets. I may just keep this thing forever....long after I have gotten into an R8 V10!
Old 07-14-2009, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

No manual in the S5 cabrio though. RS4 cab only comes in a manual.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

no manual? since when?

Quick Reply: buy an RS4 cabrio or wait for the S5 cabrio