RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Best current Winter setup?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best current Winter setup?

Hey guys, winter is coming up!!

Just curious what setups you guys got for this coming season. I live in upstate NY, winters here arent THAT bad, prob out of season 5days are horrible, rest are fair...they do snowplow a lot.

was going to order from tirerack, I also googled around, price seems all around 2k.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I run OEM wheels with Dunlop 3Ds
Old 10-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Reggie
I run OEM wheels with Dunlop 3Ds

Cool thanks for the input Reggie. I looked over all options, think im going to do the same.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheCaptainMate
Hey guys, winter is coming up!!

Just curious what setups you guys got for this coming season. I live in upstate NY, winters here arent THAT bad, prob out of season 5days are horrible, rest are fair...they do snowplow a lot.

was going to order from tirerack, I also googled around, price seems all around 2k.
I live in upstate New York and we get hammered with cold and snow (100" a year) and the winter causes pothole-city on the roads which can really trash the high-profile rims/low-profile tires if you stick with stock 19" rim/tire sizes. Last winter, I thus went with 18" rims (RS6 rims to be exact) and put on Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2's (255/40-18's) and they worked great-the winter before, I ran 19" Dunlop winter tires with low profile on my 19" rims and the potholes proceeded to bend the rims. So consider the 18" rim/tire option with the higher-profile 18" tires for extra rubber to cushion the pothole impact. And the 18" rims clear the brakes with no problem.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Me too.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Any input on Blizzak's with the 19in rims. I have used 18in on my other 2 S4's. This is my 1st RS4.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the input, where in upstate NY are you guys? Im in new hartford, right next to utica.

This season i opted for 19 tires, in the summer im going to clean up my entire car detailing, and paint my rims black (found a GREAT guy in jersey...check this out: http://www.iwsti.com/forums/detailin...orrection.html and http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...e-swirled.html

and going to paint my rims black, so might as well use em up now and save 1300k right now. I bought this car used, and the previous owner banged up the rims pretty bad, so either way I think ill need to fix em up, or get completely new rims
Old 10-21-2009, 02:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheCaptainMate
Thanks for the input, where in upstate NY are you guys? Im in new hartford, right next to utica.
Rochester, halfway between Buffalo and Syracuse, in Lake Ontario lake effect snow country.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by krazpony1
Any input on Blizzak's with the 19in rims. I have used 18in on my other 2 S4's. This is my 1st RS4.
would also like input on the blizzak 18 or 19 dosnt matter for me. i did a michelin search and says no winter tires for RS4s shame on them
Old 10-23-2009, 05:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by krazpony1
just threw on my winter shoes, 19s, blizzak, waiting till snow then ill throughly test them in empty parking lots and let you guys know whats up :-)

so far seems like they drive nice, a lot quieter then I expected, and for the price (740usds) and the fact I dont have to worry about the sensors...seems allright so far!

Quick Reply: Best current Winter setup?