RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Anyone using Dice ipod interface in their '07 RS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 08:39 PM
EJO
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using Dice ipod interface in their '07 RS?

I'm interested in opinions from anyone who has installed the Dice Electronics' i-AUDI-T2/5V ipod interface (http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...I_AUDI_T2.html), or any other ipod interfaces for that matter. My '07 RS has the factory MMi and glovebox mounted six-disk changer. Although the exhaust is probably the best sound in town...I'm missing my iPod in a big way. Enough that I'm willing to remove the cd changer in favor of an interface for my iPod (Touch 2g). The dealer wants approx. $500 parts & labor for the Audi interface...hard to swallow and I understand there really isn't much of an interface. I had the old gen ice>Link in my E46 M and I loved it so if any of you have installed the Dice unit I'm curious in, a) how you like it terms of functionality and, b) how easy was the install

Thanks, E
Old 03-13-2010, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the older Icelink+ in my B7 S4 (worked great). When I got the RS, ENFIG sold me the more functional Gateway 100. With the Euro wheel, functionality isnt as easy but it works fine - I keep the ipod on shuffle and bypass songs I'm not in the mood to hear. BTW, the song names do appear on the cluster display ...

edit: If I can install it then anyone can ...

Last edited by Stevelev; 03-13-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i have it in my '07. overall it's good, but the interface is a bit clunky, and my radio loses the ability to control the iPod if the car sits for more than 2 days. but, unplugging the iPod and then reconnecting it makes it work again (and then re-enabling the 'shuffle' feature). it's not ideal, but it was way easier than any of the other options i looked at. and it has an AUX input as well.

you won't have any problem installing it. i just asked my local Audi dealer to pull the CD changer and leave it on the floor (since i don't have the removal keys). the wiring harness is designed to only fit in it's mating connectors, so you can't (without trying REALLY hard) hook it up wrong. there isn't any custom wiring or splicing required. it'll take you about an hour. and it'll save you the installation fee.

good luck.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Definitely look into the Alpine KCE 130 unit with the Koufatech interface integration unit. I installed this ipod interface and am able to still have the cd changer. I can also watch videos on my ipod through my nav screen. Similarly all track names and artists are shown, and steeringwheel controls work as well. Also the in dash screen displays song information as well. Unfortunately, however, the availability in the US is very limited, had to order the parts from the UK and Netherlands. It might be a bit more work, but with this car you dont want to necessarily take the easy way out. I love my ipod interface, and it works great. Sound quality is fantastic. Anyway, hope I could help
Old 03-23-2010, 07:43 PM
EJO
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Chazaki
Definitely look into the Alpine KCE 130 unit with the Koufatech interface integration unit. I installed this ipod interface and am able to still have the cd changer. I can also watch videos on my ipod through my nav screen. Similarly all track names and artists are shown, and steeringwheel controls work as well. Also the in dash screen displays song information as well. Unfortunately, however, the availability in the US is very limited, had to order the parts from the UK and Netherlands. It might be a bit more work, but with this car you dont want to necessarily take the easy way out. I love my ipod interface, and it works great. Sound quality is fantastic. Anyway, hope I could help
Guys, really appreciate the feedback.

Chazaki - interested in the Alpine solution you went with, but you're right that it is a hard find. I didn't get any direct matches when I searched for "Alpine KCE 130". Do you mind sharing where you found yours and also if you did the install yourself? Thanks!!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I apologize its the Alpine KCE 425i, I put the wrong number by mistake. No wonder it was so difficult for you. It comes with an easy to read DIY manual and while it wasnt easy and took a good number of hours to install (ensuring that nothing gets scratched of course), it was well worth the effort.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

what about just loading your songs on SD cards since it sounds like you have Nav. I think the song names come up. I am buying an RS4 but have not gotten it yet to test that out.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The SD cards are only able to be 1gb each, so you cant hold very many songs on them. Plus you have to type in every song name if you want it to come up on the nav.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chazaki
The SD cards are only able to be 1gb each, so you cant hold very many songs on them. Plus you have to type in every song name if you want it to come up on the nav.
Correction - 4 GB cards work. If I'm not mistaken you can fit up to 400 songs per card (seems Audi software wont read more than that) and song titles do display on the cluster ...

My Ipod has approx. 6,000 songs on it ...

Last edited by Stevelev; 03-24-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Apologies again, Steve is correct.

Quick Reply: Anyone using Dice ipod interface in their '07 RS?