RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

any of you guys out in the East Hampton area on Sunday evening driving from EH to Sag Harbor

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any of you guys out in the East Hampton area on Sunday evening driving from EH to Sag Harbor

in a dark grey RS4 ? driving 100+ mph on the country roads out here is ****ing stupid as is passing groups of 3-4 cars at a time on double yellow lines. Consider yourself very lucky you didnt get stopped by the SHPD because i would have issued the reckless driving ticket myself.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sounds like someone's a left lane bandit. And imo country roads is better than the city.

Other than the race track of course. At least the guy's not impeding traffic like so many tards not paying attention. I say if the opportunity presents itself to get past someone who's going too slow, seize it, if you've got a car that can do it. Do it safely, and quickly, and be on your way. No harm, no foul. Perhaps a bruised ego for some but who cares. You've got to watch out for the revenue generators first and foremost though. Especially if you've got a nice car. Envy w/ a badge will nail you every time.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default these are 2 lane country roads with no passing zones, this guy came up behind me at about 100mph

rode my bumper for about 15 seconds and then rocketed into the oncoming lane passing myself and the 3 cars ahead of me, he then probably hit 120mph on a 1/2 mile straight before being slowed down by another group of cars which he again passed as stupid speeds before i lost sight, i called the Sag Harbor PD but he must have turned off at some point before the village. This has nothing to do with fast car envy whoever was driving was acting like a douche and putting everyone on the road in danger so he could show off. BTW i am a "revenue generator" in East Hampton and would have had a field day writing this guy if he had been stopped.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

wasn't me - i haven't been out to SH in the rs4 yet
Old 03-31-2008, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default unless it was a fellow officer, in which case you would have let him go w/o a ticket.

am I right "TicketProof"?
Old 03-31-2008, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Unless you were doing it, then it'd be cool right?
Old 03-31-2008, 03:39 PM

Default Re: any of you guys out in the East Hampton area on Sunday evening driving from EH to Sag Harbor

WOW!

I live in West Hampton, except-

My RS4 is Muguello blue.

Not me!
Old 03-31-2008, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default so your training didn't come into play? you didn't get his tags? someone passes me

on a solid yellow, I make a note of the license plate. Posting here just makes you look like a child. It smacks of bruised ego and that is all. Taking pleasure in giving out tickets is an indication that you are a revenue generator for personal reasons...and that is way worse than speeding...kinda like running without a front plate because you can get away with it. 35% Tint? Ticketproof? Was hypocrite already taken?
Old 03-31-2008, 04:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You nailed it!
Old 03-31-2008, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

what? i'd take a ton of pleasure nailing some *** hole passing people over double yellows

Quick Reply: any of you guys out in the East Hampton area on Sunday evening driving from EH to Sag Harbor