RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

08 RS4, less than 1k miles, CPO, $55k - is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 RS4, less than 1k miles, CPO, $55k - is this a good deal?

Have an opportunity to buy a "leftover" 08 RS4, untitled, but with approx 700 miles on it...dealer GM drove it, etc. Car is CPO'd. Phantom Black/Silver/Premium. $55k. Seems a little steep to me, but then I guess finding these untitled at this point is a non-event, and with the CPO, I am tempted. It would not have been my first color combo pick, but it wouldnt have been my last either. Curious about perspectives on this deal from those in the market. thanks
Old 09-05-2009, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'd be al over it if I could afford it.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bruised rs4
I'd be al over it if I could afford it.
R U kidding? That's a fantastic deal. That's essentially a brand new RS4 for $55K. Take it b4 someone else does. I am surprised that it's CPO'ed though with only 700 miles on it.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Bruised RS4...I didn't mean to quote you.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by cni2i
R U kidding? That's a fantastic deal. That's essentially a brand new RS4 for $55K. Take it b4 someone else does. I am surprised that it's CPO'ed though with only 700 miles on it.
I don't understand the CPO bit either, must favor the dealer somehow. Does that mean the CPO warranty has less coverage than the new car warranty, or are they increasing the price saying it's CPO with no benefit?
If it's untitled it's obviously not pre-owned and the factory warranty starts when you take delivery. Fishy. $50k sounds closer to the mark to me for an offer, I paid 60k 18 months ago before prices fell much with 1,500 miles on and $10k of extras.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

the short version of the story is that this became a negotiation item.... the warranty was punched October last year, so the car will be missing almost a year of warranty when I buy it... this was previously represented differently, so to make right, the dealer is offering to certify the car as part of the originally arranged price of $55k.

sounds like I should run with this deal...

thanks for the feedback
Old 09-06-2009, 02:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

hmm... $55k is a bit steep. But if it has only 700 miles and it has never been titled it may be a deal closer to your expectations. CPO is a plus as it gives you 2 more years on top of the OEM warranty. You can try negotiating a bit see if they lower the price. Who knows maybe you save a few dollars more. Or see if you can get Audi care or at least some discounted service etc etc... Good luck. It is a wonderful car. Every time I drive it it brings a smile on my face.

cheers

Nick
Old 09-06-2009, 05:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GotRS?
I don't understand the CPO bit either, must favor the dealer somehow. Does that mean the CPO warranty has less coverage than the new car warranty, or are they increasing the price saying it's CPO with no benefit?
If it's untitled it's obviously not pre-owned and the factory warranty starts when you take delivery. Fishy. $50k sounds closer to the mark to me for an offer, I paid 60k 18 months ago before prices fell much with 1,500 miles on and $10k of extras.
CPO is a non-transferable 2 year/100,000 miles warranty that starts once the factory warranty runs out. If the car is older than 4 months it is eligible for CPO independent of mileage.
Alternatively you can purchase an additional 2 year transferable warranty.
The warranty starts from the in-service date which almost certainly is 30th October 2008. ( Audi gave a 10,000 dollar incentive at the end of last year to sell the cars. All remaining cars were then put in-service and sold later. Most were sold for 60-62K)
Old 09-06-2009, 05:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by alvinaus
CPO is a non-transferable 2 year/100,000 miles warranty that starts once the factory warranty runs out. If the car is older than 4 months it is eligible for CPO independent of mileage.
Alternatively you can purchase an additional 2 year transferable warranty.
The warranty starts from the in-service date which almost certainly is 30th October 2008. ( Audi gave a 10,000 dollar incentive at the end of last year to sell the cars. All remaining cars were then put in-service and sold later. Most were sold for 60-62K)
This is very helpful information. So basically you take invoice, subtract $10k, and (minus any holdbacks), that is the dealer cost/going in position. I dont think these cars had much difference between invoice and MSRP, so I suspect that $55k is still taking a haircut for the dealer. I do agree that it is about $5k high, but this also (based on my research) seems to be the last untitled sedan RS4 in the country...
Old 09-06-2009, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jtrichel
This is very helpful information. So basically you take invoice, subtract $10k, and (minus any holdbacks), that is the dealer cost/going in position. I dont think these cars had much difference between invoice and MSRP, so I suspect that $55k is still taking a haircut for the dealer. I do agree that it is about $5k high, but this also (based on my research) seems to be the last untitled sedan RS4 in the country...
Look at the current ebay listings

Quick Reply: 08 RS4, less than 1k miles, CPO, $55k - is this a good deal?