RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Suspension noises

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension noises

HI!

I have 2013/12 RS7. With biggest dynamick package(DRC), sports diff etc.
Car ok, but i have suspension noises in all 4 wheels.
When you are driving and road is rugged, i can hear noise like blow in all 4 wheels.
I have reported this to my dealer, but answer is, that this ir normal with dynamic package(DRC)..

Anyone have something like this?

AG
Old 01-16-2014, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aguezs
HI!

I have 2013/12 RS7. With biggest dynamick package(DRC), sports diff etc.
Car ok, but i have suspension noises in all 4 wheels.
When you are driving and road is rugged, i can hear noise like blow in all 4 wheels.
I have reported this to my dealer, but answer is, that this ir normal with dynamic package(DRC)..

Anyone have something like this?

AG
No DRC in US, We wish we had that problem!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by dg144
No DRC in US, We wish we had that problem!
DRC is now available, $5,500 - includes Audi Dynamic Steering, Sport Exhaust with Black Tailpipes, Red Painted Brake Calipers.

I'm struggling with this option a bit, wish I could find more info. All the air suspension settings even in the firmest mode in the a7 and s7 seem soft and unconnected to me. I kept getting back in my touareg tdi executive (20 inch wheels) feeling the drive was more sporty if that makes any sense.

I had 2012 GTR for a while and was getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2015 then got caught up with the RS7. I'd like to hear any more info about DRC if anyone has thoughts.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The last (2003) RS6 (in the U.S.) had DRC, and I (having owned two) then and now (including RS7 without It) have never driven anything which handled NEARLY as well. Being now a decade older, and having read the reviews of both suspensions which say that in the RD7 DRC is uncomfortably firm, I decided not to wait for it. The firm suspension setting in the ex-DRC RS7 is about right for me, but DRC (if not even more firm, as reputed) would be an improvement, probably worth the incremental cost, based on my RS6 comparison. it must be said that DRC was also the most problematic maintenance vulnerability on the RS6, but I personally never had any problem with it in the course of 80,000 miles or so.

Tx,
SENS8
Old 02-21-2014, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by SENS8
The last (2003) RS6 (in the U.S.) had DRC, and I (having owned two) then and now (including RS7 without It) have never driven anything which handled NEARLY as well. Being now a decade older, and having read the reviews of both suspensions which say that in the RD7 DRC is uncomfortably firm, I decided not to wait for it. The firm suspension setting in the ex-DRC RS7 is about right for me, but DRC (if not even more firm, as reputed) would be an improvement, probably worth the incremental cost, based on my RS6 comparison. it must be said that DRC was also the most problematic maintenance vulnerability on the RS6, but I personally never had any problem with it in the course of 80,000 miles or so.

Tx,
SENS8
Appreciate the feedback. I think I'm going to sit tight a bit until more of these cars get in the market place with the DRC. I can't find anyone that likes it. I'm a big fan of all wheel drive having had the GTR. In comfort mode in the 2012 GTR was firm but it was quite livable. In race mode it was a go-kart. The 2015's are supposed to be much more refined. Interiors leave allot to be desired. Black edition is much better though. I drove a friends m5 in the various modes and loved it...plus the Double clutch is awesome like the GTR. I like all the creature comforts/tech of the audi... but i'm struggling a bit on the seemingly sub par handling. Not to mention there is not a deal to be had yet. I'm not a fan of MSRP. I'm leaning a bit towards a M6 Gran Coupe, love the styling more than any car yet and there are deals to be had on brand new cars. I suppose I need to find a used RS7 somewhere and take a test drive before I give up on It. I want to love it..Analysis paralysis.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I passed on my first order and I reordered my RS7 to get the DRC (also a 5 year and 86K previous RS6 owner with about 4 DRC systems in the car...and I loved it, just hoped they finally figured out how to build the shocks without leaking although the last set in my RS6 was fine). The regular suspension is way too soft for me in the RS7. I rode in one for hot laps at Daytona and it rolled too much for me and did not at all feel like what an RS car should or anything like my RS6 which I tracked a good amount. My RS6 was dead flat as is my RS5. Looking forward to it with the correct set up. You may not find one for several months with DRC. Mine just went into production this past week and I ordered it right after it was announced you could order it with it and so probably April before I get it. Also doubt you will find a used RS7 yet for much off for awhile.