RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

RS7 vs S7

Old 07-08-2014, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post RS7 vs S7

Hey

I was looking at buying one of the two cars some time in the near future but i'm not sure which one to pick. Obviously the RS7 is better since it is the higher end model but i want to know what the real difference between the two cars is other than some body changes so i could better choose which car is right for me.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

S7:" nice car dude"
RS7: "WOW thats a great car"
Old 07-09-2014, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nirvdog
Hey I was looking at buying one of the two cars some time in the near future but i'm not sure which one to pick. Obviously the RS7 is better since it is the higher end model but i want to know what the real difference between the two cars is other than some body changes so i could better choose which car is right for me.
RS7 - faster (more powerful engine), 8 speed tranny (vs 7 speed), more exclusive than S7, around $25,000 more expensive. It will be more expensive to ensure and maintain.

Depends on what you're looking for @ ~$110K. If money means nothing and you want one of the worlds fastest four-door cars, then of course get the RS7.

If you're the type of person who likes to be noticed and have people know you're driving a $110,000 car - the RS7 is very understated and most people won't know the difference between it and a base A7.

Ain't it great to have choices???

Dave
Old 07-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I bought an Estoril Blue RS7 about 6 months ago.... have gotten MANY stares and comments in parking lots and gas stations.

Most recently took the kids along with my wife out for some ice cream. Parked the car in the lot and was sitting with my wife and kids at an outside table having our ice cream. Another 20-something year old patron walks by my car with his friends and says loudly: "Man, that Audi is SICK!". So my wife laughs when she hears this and my kids start pulling on my shirt smiling. True story... and the best part is UNDER THE HOOD....

Driven.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Its simply faster than sh$t. I have an R8 GT and the RS7 just amazes me. Incredibly fast car. The dynamic package gets the suspension properly RS. If you like torque and effortless nuts/insane acceleration/speed the 7 is the answer. If you are looking for a great car that gets you to work and makes you smile...S7. Sh$t eating grin...RS7. I really can't relay just how quick the RS is, especially highway passing speeds. You punch it at 65 to 70 you are at 120+ in a blink.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MARKNMTT
Its simply faster than sh$t. I have an R8 GT and the RS7 just amazes me. Incredibly fast car. The dynamic package gets the suspension properly RS. If you like torque and effortless nuts/insane acceleration/speed the 7 is the answer. If you are looking for a great car that gets you to work and makes you smile...S7. Sh$t eating grin...RS7. I really can't relay just how quick the RS is, especially highway passing speeds. You punch it at 65 to 70 you are at 120+ in a blink.
+1...

my heart starts racing just thinking about my RS7....actually punching past someone or launching at a red light....50-60mph before thru the intersection??!! crazy awesome!
Old 07-23-2014, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MARKNMTT
+2
Old 07-23-2014, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by chirf4
+1...

my heart starts racing just thinking about my RS7....actually punching past someone or launching at a red light....50-60mph before thru the intersection??!! crazy awesome!

just last night did an under breath 'f me' as I just got into the gas pedal a little after getting on the interstate on an on ramp as I pulled over to the left lane...I was closing/passing cars like they were standing still immediately that it shocked me a little and I do nothing but drive fast...I wasn't even trying and I'm flying. 45 to 90 in nothing. I still haven't even tried the launch control. Blew away a buddy in a tuned RS6 over and over from a standing start, then rolling start, then giving him a running start ahead of me to get his turbos spooled. Crushed him. My RS5 holds even and pulls ahead slightly at highway speeds against him. Nuts.