RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

MY NEW Phantom Black + Carbon optics RS 7

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenshin0930
Sounds like it's meant to be yours!

Regarding the protective film...I've looked into this extensively. I have opted for Opti Coat Pro 2.0, which is basically a sealant for the paint, prevents corrosive material from ruining paint. The other, a protective shield would be Xpel Ultimate. Now there are theories ranging from which goes on first, and these are my interpretations..

1) Hard Core: Opti-Xpel-Opti
2) Medium: Opti-Xpel
3) Medium: Xpel-Opti
4) Light: Xpel only

I had the same question you did on effects (looks) of the paint post application, I've got metallic paint, vs you have pure black. I don't think much effect will be seen with pure black because it often times creates a glossy look, however for my metallic look, I'm a bit concerned.

Looking to speak with a well known detail guy from a friend of mine to find out a bit more next week. I'll give you an update when I've got one!

Till then, happy waiting
That's good info, I'm just beginning to look at protective wraps since I have a 69 Camaro getting painted in a few months. I'll have to look into this
Old 02-02-2014, 04:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Those are all really nice colors. If I had to pick something other than Phantom, it would've been Estoril Blue. I had a chance to see it on show room flor on a S Q5. Just beautiful. But if you want a really good look, check out this youtube video "Audi RS6 Avant 2013 Estoril Blue ask your questions and what should I do?". Full HD vid...this is the video that sold me on Estoril.

I don't mind the washing, I find it as a way to blow off some steam on a Sunday evening and enjoy a beer with my car!

Let me know if you pull the trigger!
Haha, that made me chuckle "enjoying a beer with your car". I ordered mine in Panther Black, but the wife persuaded me to change to estoril blue. So looks like I will be enjoying a beer with my car too. The only trouble is the weather here in the UK kinda puts a dampener on things.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Wow

Wow...that is gorgeous! Congrats. For some reason I thought only the European models were gonna have the "quattro" on the bottom part of the grill. I am glad they have it for the US market as well because I love that part of the grill.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice! Where RU located - PR? I just picked up Estoril blue RS7 in NJ - live in NY.

Pretty awesome owning a super car!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The red brake calipers really are nice. I need to research getting mine painted like the OEM ones.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It was available shortly ago (I ordered it last month) but it now does not include the mirrors in carbon but everything else. Mirrors are now body colored.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Eddies3
Your car is... it is just hawt! :O
Thanks man, it takes an effort to keep her clean inside & out though, no lie! The car gets a LOT of attention, you'd be surprised how badass of a four-door sedan this is. No matter what pics/video you see of this car particularly, when your in front of it in person, it is menacing!

Originally Posted by muski
Wow -- truly stunning. No question that the black car needs the carbon package. I think the rear view is my favorite, too.
Definitely! The car looks squat, not high on its haunches you know? Just planted and firm. A lot of the 4drs just look awkward from the back, in my own opinion, to each their own right!

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
You made a good decision avoiding the Estoril Blue. While it is a gorgeous color, swirls are almost inevitable. I got my car Opti-coated 2.0 and had swirls after 6 months and that is with me two bucket washing my car properly. There are serious horror stories with this color. The whole car needs to be wrapped in Xpel.

BTW, your car looks badass.
Gatorguy, I drove my wife crazy. But my recipe for cleaning is:

1) Powerwasher
2) 2-buckets both with grit-guards
3) MTM Foam Cannon
4) Mr. Pink shampoo from Chemical Guys
5) Wheel brush & microfiber wash mitt

= squeaky clean! I just believe in doing it right you know?!

Originally Posted by KnightMareA7
That's good info, I'm just beginning to look at protective wraps since I have a 69 Camaro getting painted in a few months. I'll have to look into this
PLEASE look into. Man I cannot tell you the horror stories I have seen on so many forums, Audi & the like…

but dude…a 69 CAMARO?!?!?!?! SICKKKKKKKKK…please feel free to hijack this thread and throw a picture up!!!

Originally Posted by frenchie_pm
Haha, that made me chuckle "enjoying a beer with your car". I ordered mine in Panther Black, but the wife persuaded me to change to estoril blue. So looks like I will be enjoying a beer with my car too. The only trouble is the weather here in the UK kinda puts a dampener on things.
LUCKY DOG! Still a big slice of me that would've loved to have Estoril blue, just a beautiful color - lots of depth and texture. Being in the UK is going to be tough my friend, hope you have a great detail shop. I'm not one to separate soul from metal, I've always had that kind of outlook on things, if it means something to you, make it a part of you! Can you tell I'm a hippie at heart? LOL

Originally Posted by AudiFreak666
Wow...that is gorgeous! Congrats. For some reason I thought only the European models were gonna have the "quattro" on the bottom part of the grill. I am glad they have it for the US market as well because I love that part of the grill.
The Quattro is my favorite part! Makes it so different (if we ignore the MASSIVE GRILL) - good taste my friend, good taste!

Originally Posted by DrivenHardS4
Nice! Where RU located - PR? I just picked up Estoril blue RS7 in NJ - live in NY.

Pretty awesome owning a super car!
I'm way down in Texas- 300 days of sunshine! Not sure if the question was meant for me

Originally Posted by ky0t3s
The red brake calipers really are nice. I need to research getting mine painted like the OEM ones.
I'm sure it won't be costly. I've had some smartalicks tell me they aren't Brembo's so why are they red, then I asked them if they knew the horsepower in this car, and they didn't, so I just smiled and moved on. Haters gonna hate!
Old 02-03-2014, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm sure it won't be costly. I've had some smartalicks tell me they aren't Brembo's so why are they red, then I asked them if they knew the horsepower in this car, and they didn't, so I just smiled and moved on. Haters gonna hate!
Actually the S6 OEM brakes are Brembo's so I would be surprised if the RS7's aren't as well.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
Actually the S6 OEM brakes are Brembo's so I would be surprised if the RS7's aren't as well.
The "wave" brakes on the RS7 are from Brembo; I'm not sure about the Carbon Ceramic brakes though....
Old 02-03-2014, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 60614allroad
The "wave" brakes on the RS7 are from Brembo; I'm not sure about the Carbon Ceramic brakes though....
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that it doesn't matter on the carbon ceramic ones. They could be made by McDonalds and I would still take a pair.

Quick Reply: MY NEW Phantom Black + Carbon optics RS 7