RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Daytona. Gray RS7 at Rockville Audi

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wanna buy this car now. I'm gonna drive my S5 at 150 MPH to I can get to it faster than Texas-boy.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shrews
No test drive, I havent even seen one in the flesh! I've been looking for a replacement of my PTT for a while and think this will be a great change. Really looking forward to that first drive. Waiting for it to ship from MD to TX is already bad enough, cant imagine what you guys that have had cars on order for months are going through!
I'll be looking for your thoughts on the comparo...
Old 12-06-2013, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes its STILL there. I've shipped over 20 cars through the years and never waited so long to get one picked up. I guess the economy really has improved & this storm system not helping either.... Will update thoughts on this car vs my Panamera Turbo when i finally get to drive the damn thing! meanwhile having a ball putting my 1970 911S into daily driver mode again.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shrews
Yes its STILL there. I've shipped over 20 cars through the years and never waited so long to get one picked up. I guess the economy really has improved & this storm system not helping either.... Will update thoughts on this car vs my Panamera Turbo when i finally get to drive the damn thing! meanwhile having a ball putting my 1970 911S into daily driver mode again.
I'm only five minutes from the dealership and I will generously donate my time to drive your RS7 and then test drive a Panamera from the same dealership and provide a detailed write-up. I know, I know, HUGE sacrifice on my part, but I'm a team player.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Phknlwyr
I'm only five minutes from the dealership and I will generously donate my time to drive your RS7 and then test drive a Panamera from the same dealership and provide a detailed write-up. I know, I know, HUGE sacrifice on my part, but I'm a team player.
+1
Although I don't think he will take you up on your offer. It is somewhat puzzling as to why the dealer has not shipped a sold car.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

haha yes, i'll pass on the test drive offer but I do appreciate your sincere generousity! color me frustrated on shipping....
Old 12-17-2013, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ok, So I got it Sunday night. What a fantastic car!! It certainly feels faster than the PTT, I'm guessing if you looked at dyno runs the Audi has a much better torque curve. The exhaust note is great although I had a techart exhaust on the PTT and it always turned heads as well. Exterior styling is clearly going to go to the Audi but the interior is still a win for Porsche, granted my PTT was a $195k msrp car so I realized going into it the Audi finishes would pale in comparison, they are nice dont get me wrong, just not AS nice.

I think i will truly love the MMI once i really learn how to use it. The Audi driving position for me is proably not quite as good as the Porsche but not markedly so. The rear seat area is definitely tighter than on the Panamera, just ask my boys haha. The RS7 is really nicely done and I'm very happy 2 days into the experience, the engine response and sounds make it seem much more boy racer than the Panamera. I was worried about the steering/ turn in but so far for a daily driver I think the Audi is more than enough.

End of the day I really think I'm going to be happy with my choice to get the RS7 (and keeping the 60-75k) instead of ordering a new PTT cheers
Old 12-17-2013, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Enjoy! Did they deliver it with a big bow on top?
Merry Christmas