RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

Proud new member of the RS6 club!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud new member of the RS6 club!

Just bought 2004 RS6, great shape, low km, and all that jazz. Had a modified 2002 2.7T, granted it was nice, but is no comparison to this beast: so smooth and refined, awesome brakes, loads of comfort and power etc. This is my toy/project car, and will be severly pampered.

As stupid as this sounds, the mod bug is biting me again, however in a much more civilized manner; was thinking GIAC chip and perhaps sway bars, can't think of anything else this thing needs, exhaust system is huge, but there is so much more HP room in this thing. Just thought I'd ask since this is a slightly different machine.

All the best guys, hope to learn from you all.

Quattro Pig
Old 06-18-2008, 08:32 PM

Default Welcome! If you plan to track, brakes should be your first upgrade

The stock brakes are fine for stopping power in daily driving, but that power can and usually does fade during aggressive track use. The problem is heat -- from the engine, as well as from hauling down the 62% of your car's 4200 lbs that rests on the front wheels. Actually it's more, since braking throws an even higher portion of the weight onto the front wheels.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, and good to know: don't plan on tracking, but that may change!
Old 06-19-2008, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Proud new member of the RS6 club!

welcome!!! I'd do the exhaust, wheels, tint, radar stuff, chip engine and tranny, clear bra............
Old 06-19-2008, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Is that a Canadian model? I ask because a) no 2004's exported to USA, and b) different antenna (we

have shark fin). Looks great, enjoy!
Old 06-19-2008, 12:23 PM

Default Welcome, I have the same car Avus Silver with Black interior, you will love it!

Revo, MTM, APR, GIAC are all good. Search those manufacturers on this site and rs6.com and you will get a lot of information and opinions. I have Revo and love it. 4500K miles later still loving it and zero problems at all. I found out I get better fuel mileage as well which was a surprise to say the least.

I notice you don't have the optional Sport Enhanced Exhaust (it has black tips) which may be the only upgrade you need or you can look at MTM or Miltec as well if this is a hobby car and not your daily driver. Maybe some upgraded wheels for something a little difference. Save your money to replace te DRC when it craps out on you. If you are looking for better sound, consider the RNS-E Navigation upgrade that fits in the stock location. You can replace the obsolete analog Onstar with a Bluetooth module and update the XM module as well. This unit sounds a lot better than the stock one. Also DICE makes the ICE-Link to hook up your iPod which sounds better than using the SD slots with MP3 but I use both. I did all of the above with the exception of the exhaust (I have the SE option) and wheels. I also added a built-in K-40 radar detector and laser jammer, 3M clear bra (full kit), replaced the factory clear overlays on the back wheel fenders since they had faded to a yellow color and added legal window tint all around. The car is great and the extra boost that the Revo programs makes me grin every time I drive the car.

Have fun and good luck!
Old 06-19-2008, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

I believe a very few were sold as 2004, I think I heard that before
Old 06-19-2008, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default This is actually an early 2003 model.. That was the earlier antenna from the 2002-3 year.

Check build date in door jamb.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

yes it's a Canadian car (eh!), didn't check the build date, too happy to care
Old 06-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I believe they were only sold as 04's, no other year was offered up here

Quick Reply: Proud new member of the RS6 club!