RS 6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi RS 6 produced from 2020 - Present

Persistent Creaking Noise in 2023 RS6 - Seeking Advice!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2023, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Persistent Creaking Noise in 2023 RS6 - Seeking Advice!

Hi everyone,

I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community for some insights on an issue I'm facing with my 2023 RS6. I've been experiencing a persistent creaking noise that's really starting to concern me. This noise occurs when I'm slowing down, accelerating slowly, turning left, or even going over small bumps. The sound seems to be coming from the front driver's side of the car.

Here's a bit of background on what I've done so far: I've taken my car to the Audi dealership twice to get this checked. The first visit was inconclusive as they couldn't pinpoint the source of the noise. On my second visit, they suggested that it might be due to "body roll," but I'm not entirely convinced. This explanation doesn't seem to fully address the issue, especially since the noise is quite specific in its occurrence.

Here's a link to the video with an example of the creaking noise:

I'm turning to this forum in hopes of getting some advice on what steps I should take next. Has anyone here experienced something similar with their vehicle? Are there specific areas I should check or any DIY solutions I could try? Any recommendations for further diagnostics or a different approach to resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-20-2024, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by indexlol
Hi everyone,

I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community for some insights on an issue I'm facing with my 2023 RS6. I've been experiencing a persistent creaking noise that's really starting to concern me. This noise occurs when I'm slowing down, accelerating slowly, turning left, or even going over small bumps. The sound seems to be coming from the front driver's side of the car.

Here's a bit of background on what I've done so far: I've taken my car to the Audi dealership twice to get this checked. The first visit was inconclusive as they couldn't pinpoint the source of the noise. On my second visit, they suggested that it might be due to "body roll," but I'm not entirely convinced. This explanation doesn't seem to fully address the issue, especially since the noise is quite specific in its occurrence.

Here's a link to the video with an example of the creaking noise: https://youtu.be/TR_Ofv7gKPg

I'm turning to this forum in hopes of getting some advice on what steps I should take next. Has anyone here experienced something similar with their vehicle? Are there specific areas I should check or any DIY solutions I could try? Any recommendations for further diagnostics or a different approach to resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Because nobody else seems to follow up on their posts here. Audi is telling me it's the wishbone bushings that are bad in the front left end. They are replacing them. I'll confirm the fix when it's done.
Old 04-21-2024, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hope this fixes it, and it does sound like it as bushings if they are bad can be annoying with their creaks
Old 04-23-2024, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the update.
Old 04-27-2024, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for following up. Looking forward to hear how it’s resolved.