ACNA Steamboat Ice Driving Experience - UPDATE the day before!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exellent! An interesting read on Absencia Eventmasters here

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/lrqc/msgs/153662.phtml">ACNA Events without Eventmaster?</a></li></ul>
Old 02-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Meeting please.........................

Josh, when can we meet for that beer you talked about so we can get questions answered and move on? It is very important to me as we are in the genesis of organizing another URQ event for 2009. We need to know if we can sit down and settle the issues at hand; or do we need to form a new Audi club? I would hope for the former; but I will not hesitate to proceed with the latter if some reasonable answers aren't provided. (Our main concern in forming a new club was insurance for track events. Previously, ACNA insurance was needed to provide reasonable premiums but, as we found out in Aspen, cheaper rates were available directly from the insurance companies themselves. It has become even more advantageous with the recession/depression as the insurance providers have become more competitive. If I would have known a week sooner about the issues with insurance at Steamboat; we could have provided insurance and there wouldn't have been the need for any of the hostility in this thread on both sides of the fence. Bottom line is insurance is no longer a barrier to form a new Audi club)
The ball is in your (RMAC/ACNA)court. This is the perfect (and final)opportunity to come forth and provide the membership with answers to questions that were put to you over 6 months ago. I'm afraid that to continue to avoid them will certainly mean a fracturing of at least a portion of the members. Let's get together as soon as possible. You name the time and place and I will be there to "buy the beers". And if I don't hear from you; I will have your answer loud and clear. Thank you for your time and consideration in these important matters. Sincerely, Peter
Old 02-09-2009, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think you're giving him far too much credit.

I cancelled my ACNA membership back when the Andersens ruined the club the first time around.

There's nothing left to salvage.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default DWyte - PUBLIC MEETING ACCEPTED IN POST BELOW

The Eventmaster duties are clear, in scope, responsibility, and risk. If you are the Eventmaster on record, much of the Event is under your direct responsibility. I would not take this lightly, either at the chapter level or the National Level.

What if something happened at Steamboat that fell under the abcensia Eventmaster duties? A first year attorney hearing your weak undocumented defense vs the 11-15-08 BOD Minutes would easily find you personally liable for the actions you took without proper documentation, authority or documented Board Minutes to back up your claim.

In my opinion, this risky behavior is beyond negligent, I opin it reckless by you and the RMC Board. The bigger problem appears to be you find it to be no big deal.

Best case you put yourself and your RMC Chapter at risk. Worst case, you put ACNA and it's membership Event Insurance Eligibility at risk.

I'll call this bad judgement. So should you. Continually defending it only compounds the issue and spotlights the problem *you* caused.

The irony? You claim here to have been so concerned of the risk, that you notified the RMC-BOD "immediately" of your conflict (by current coincidental definition -- on 11-15 -- another easily documented claim). Yet you now present to claim it's important enough to put the (risk-)problem in the minutes, but not document the (risk-)solution? Yerkiddin, right?

It's not that tough to follow your spin, Mr. Wyte.

Scott J<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/rockymtn/msgs/130888.phtml">Doc Wyte PUBLIC OFFER FOR A MEET IN GREET ACCEPTED!</a></li></ul>