ACNA Steamboat Ice Driving Experience - UPDATE the day before!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACNA Steamboat Ice Driving Experience - UPDATE the day before!

All ACNA Members!
Hey guys and gals! There are still a couple openings for the ACNA Steamboat Ice Driving Experience Tues, Wed, Thurs of this week for those of you locals feeling a "work flu coming on".

Update with regard to the buttery-popcorn hubbub in the link and thread below. We have already given the proper paperwork to the Bridgestone Winter Driving School Track Office documenting the ACNA Sanctioning and ACNA Sanctioned Insurance Certificate. With regard to the obviously misleading public and damaging statements made by ACNA/RMC and it's Board Member Representative Josh (Doc) Wyte, here and on other forums...

We are a little busy with the final arrangements to our ACNA Steamboat Event right now. Suffice it to say: The Organizers of the Gruppe-q Event have already submitted a more formal response to our counsel for review, and then both parties will be receiving that response shorty and directly.

Despite the exhausting energy required responding to these continued misleading statements about our Event, we look forward to some great weather for this ACNA Steamboat Experience. And look forward to reconnecting with our locals friends again, and the reunion of those ACNA Members from as far away as the Florida Chapter enjoying the Dancing on Ice.

Cheers

Scott Justusson
Eventmaster
ACNA Gruppe-q Steamboat Ice Driving Exerience
David Hackl
Registrar
WG Giles
Safety Steward<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/rockymtn/msgs/130298.phtml">Proper correction of *THIS* mess</a></li></ul>
Old 02-02-2009, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Awesome event put on by Gruppe Q. Wish I could attend this year. I highly encourage.....

others to do this event if they can. Well run, lots of track time - perfect quattro fun.

Sorry I'll miss it this year-

Brandon
'01 S4
'84 urquattro 20Vt
Old 02-02-2009, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ahhhh....now THAT'S the ACNA/RMC we know and love.....complete silence!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default What's the point in answering? Facts are ignored and fabrications are accepted as facts.

I'm seriously disgusted at all the internet "cowboys".

I strive to live my life with honor and integrity and it bothers me mightily to have it attacked with falsehoods and fabrications.

To all of you with questions, do not expect me to engage with answers from here on out, as no one cares to listen rationally.

If you care to meet me for beers, I'll be more than happy to fill you in with the facts. You buy.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Have an excellent time! I can't be there its a 2,000 mile trip for me!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default That would be interesting

Should be an easy detour on their way back home. I'll buy the second round if anyone takes you up on your offer.

Either way let's meet up in the next few weeks. Would like a test ride in the M3 SC, and to pick your brain on an '85 944 track toy.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default What the point of answering? Seriously? (long)

From my perspective, I would think that someone that comes to a public forum representing the local chapter of a national club (be it yourself or one that uses a screen ID of "RMC/ACNA") would WANT to answer any and all questions that pertain to ACNA happenings in the region.

Personally, when I strip all the BS away from the thread below that pertains to the Gruppe-Q event, I see Scott claiming that it IS an ACNA event and he has documentation from National to back it up. I then see you and "RMC/ACNA" posting that it isn't an ACNA event, but you have nothing to back it up. So, SOMEONE is, straight up, lying in a public forum. End of story.

Who is it? I don't know. I didn't do the event in January and I am not going to Scott's event, so I like to think that I'm not biased. I am NOT trying to accuse you (or anyone) or "fabricate" anything! I am ASKING for the facts because I don't know them. Scott is offering documentation that his event is ACNA sanctioned and NO ONE is offering anything else, other than public finger pointing. I have to assume that the folks at the Bridgestone track wouldn't allow them through the gate without this documentation and their event IS taking place, so if I connect the dots.........well, you get what I am saying.

What I ask myself is, "Why would you or RMC/ACNA not want to put out these fires"? "Why would Scott wave the flag of documentation and you guys offer nothing in return.....not even an answer"?

I'll be happy to meet you for beers. As I mentioned, I have zero vested interest in either your event or Scott's. I have done the Steamboat event 7 times over the years, but it just isn't in the cards for me this year. I do love to put names with faces, talking Audi's (alright, anything car related) and hearing the "real" story. It would be nice if both sides were present though. Name the place.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: What's the point in answering? Facts are ignored and fabrications are accepted as facts.

Josh, if you are holding yourself out to be the official spokesperson for the RMAC; I for one would be very interested in meeting with you. I have been trying to get questions answered for the last 6 months concerning the chapter and have written numerous letters to national about the situation and have been told they are still waiting on you for answeres. (RMAC)Correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe all the animosity has arisen from an event that was sponsored by the RMAC a couple of years back at
Second Creek. I will pose the questions here so that when we do meet; I will get an official answer from RMAC.

1.The event was put on specifically to raise money for the High Plains track. That was the understanding of the club. That was the understanding of the participants who gave money. And that was the understanding of the owners, sponsors (myself included) and professional drivers who lent there cars and services for the event. Every figure/document I have reviewed indicates that over $6,200 was raised. Then, as I understand it; the board decided not to support High Plains which is their perogative. The IRS guidelines for a 501(c) non-profit corporation are very strict in the parameters of fund-raising. Entities cannot accept funds denoted for one purpose and then use them alternatively. To do so; puts the status of the 501 in jeopardy as to it's position with the IRS. So the question becomes: What happened to the funds and why haven't they been returned to their respective doners?

My second question is a follow up to the above. I noticed in the last month that RMAC has reserved a couple of days at High Plains. What's the story with that? At first; the board doesn't want to support High Plains and wouldn't forward the donations to them; but now they are reserving track time and at a higher rate then if they had donated the alloted funds in the first place. I'm sorry. I must be missing something here that I am sure you can explain to me. And I don't mean any of this in a derogatory way. I for one think it is sad what has happened to the RMAC. Here we are with a common interest and yet it seems politics and power has woven itself into a wall between the members. Please show me where my facts have gone astray so that we can correct the misunderstandings that so many of us have voiced.
And a little constructive criticism if I may please. When trying to get information on the club; I found out that it is not registered in the State of Colorado either as a domestic or foreign corporation. It doesn't necessarily mean that the club is operating illegally; but it does mean that it is operating as Josh Wyte (and every other board member) dba RMAC! If someone would have been hurt at the last event in Steamboat; I can assure you that a lawyer could care less if you were serving your country. All he would be interested in is a piercing of the corporate veil and suing you personally as the promoter of the event. And his mouth would be watering when he saw that professional acronym prefacing your name. I believe you are taking a huge risk doing business in this manner.

Bottom line is that there is a general consensus among many of us that we have been betrayed by the RMAC. That the $6,200 was meant as a donation for the High Plains track and that was never done. The funds need to forthwith be returned to their original doners and an apology issued. Until then I hope you would agree that there will be a continual strife and animosity amongst the members.

And I would think it wise of you to consider taking Scott up on his invitation to Steamboat. Hell, I'll pay your entry. They are a great group of guys devoted to the "car" as I am sure you are. Sit down and iron out your differences before this ends up in Court where nobody wins.

Sincerely,

Peter Coulter
Old 02-03-2009, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default More than happy to talk. This forum is not the place.

The reason for a lot of RMC's silence has been the Nat'l board (aka ACNA)has requested that we not answer any questions on several topics until their BoD could investigate several claims.

I'm not sure if that "gag order" has been lifted, but I can tell you that you can take your frustrations and literally multiple them by 100 to get to the RMC BoD level of frustration with what is going on.

I've always had a short fuse and being called out by people I don't know on things that are fabricated will certainly get my fire burning.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:50 AM

Default beers and answers to all our questions!

i'm in but will be out of town from feb 7th-21st. hoping the date you choose, doc,isn't conviently while i'm gone. if it is, i'll still pay for the beers!!

thanks,
andy edwards
acna#31907

Quick Reply: ACNA Steamboat Ice Driving Experience - UPDATE the day before!