I can't believe I'm going to say goodbye to my s4!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't believe I'm going to say goodbye to my s4!! :(

Well, it looks like I'm going to say goodbye to the car I thought I'd never get rid of. It's amazing how the priorities have changed after buying a house and getting married.

We decided to downsize the car collection (3 cars for the 2 of us was a bit of overkill) so we traded Deborah's A4 in on a CPO 325xi Sport wagon. And my sensible side says it makes sense to get rid of the S4 since I only drive the car once every 2 or 3 weeks now. And we'll keep the project Cherokee as a second car if we ever actually need one. After 2 weeks of stalling, I'm going to put the Avant up for sale in the AW classifieds this weekend, and I guess on craigslist.

I love the new car, but I'm sure going to miss the kick you in the *** HP of the S4. (215 is a far cry from the 300 I'm used to) I feel like a traitor to get rid of the 2 Audis for a Bimmer, especially when I see some of the new Audis around town. I still think the Audi Styling is far superior to the BMW.

Luckily, If I don't sell it by then, the Porsche group is having an open autocross on the 28th so I can get one last bit of fun with it before it goes.

We have, though, come to an understanding that when we do need to buy a second car the 325 is hers and I will replace my missing S4 with some 300+HP toy! I'm thinking something with an M or an S or an RS in the name. (we'll see if that understanding holds true when it comes time, though)

Besides here and CraigsList, where would be a good place to put it up for sale where I can find a good home for it?

It's been fun hang'n aroud Audiworld. Hopefully I'll be back some day........
Old 10-18-2007, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Lots of guys on Audizine looking for B5 S4 Avants

They are probably here too, but just in case -- may the highest bidder win
Old 10-18-2007, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, but none of them want to pay what the car is worth...
Old 10-18-2007, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

YGM! I am interested!
Old 10-18-2007, 06:07 PM

You can post that right into my garrage!
Old 10-18-2007, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

sad.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:16 PM

Thanks... I'll put it there, too
Old 10-18-2007, 06:18 PM

Default I'll gladly take the boost gauge off of your hands :)

stock vent + cash.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:46 PM

Default I sold my S a few weeks ago.. sad day indeed. But made the most sense for my current situation also

I put ads up on Craigslist, Autotrader, and AW... I highly doubt you will have any trouble selling your Avant, but I wouldnt waste the money on Autotrader. I recieved the most inquiries on Craigslist most of which are very interested. Only downfall is the number of "business's" that solicit you with offers to 'sell your car quick and for top dollar'. They even went so far to email me with a 'serious' offer where I replied with my phone number. Even though I've removed all my ad's and sold the car weeks ago, I still get phone calls from these sleeze-bags.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default why sell the car though, for another performance car? I don't get it.

Regardless,I think it's funny that we both went to that autocross school several years ago, sold those cars we attended with at nearly the same time, and bought "dream cars" thereafter to replace them with.

I just sold my M3, to satiate the sensible side. I need a car that'll go 400-500 miles on a single tank (all highway of course).

g'luck on the sale, Sonny.

Quick Reply: I can't believe I'm going to say goodbye to my s4!! :(