Hey anyone interested in my old stg3 S4 from two years ago?? Looks like its going cheap!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey anyone interested in my old stg3 S4 from two years ago?? Looks like its going cheap!

LOL
Crazy to see it again. Looks like it still has the carputer even. Wish I had the dough I'd buy it back.<ul><li><a href="http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&amp;car_id=255063684&amp;dealer_id=10 0016444&amp;car_year=2001&amp;rdm=1227278203503&am p;model=S4&amp;num_records=25&amp;systime=&amp;mak e2=&amp;highlightFirstMakeModel=&amp;start_year=20 00&
Old 11-21-2008, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

looks like they bumped the price it was listed at 17k
Old 11-22-2008, 04:30 PM

Looks really nice.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:37 PM

Default Can you give a list of mods - what is a steal of a price and how long in the midwest I wonder?

ready for something else, not a fan of white interior but overall the car looks beautiful. nice work
Old 11-25-2008, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

what are you driving now dude? (unreal seeing a car like that go for 20k or less...)
Old 11-25-2008, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm driving one of those trail edition Fj Cruisers these days

Not really doing the performance car thing anymore although i'd like to. I went through a few phases trying to figure out what I wanted to do for a new hobby. For a while it was small experimental aircraft I got into that while helping my neighbor build his but sort of lost interest after while. I ended up finding myself interested in watches and watch making so thats pretty much where all my money goes these days.<ul><li><a href="http://www.autospies.com/images/users/turbox/2008-Toyota-FJ-Cruiser-Trail-Teams%5B1%5D.jpg">http://www.autospies.com/images/users/turbox/2008-Toyota-FJ-Cruiser-Trail-Teams%5B1%5D.jpg</a</li></ul>
Old 11-25-2008, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I was never a fan of the white either...

I was always trying to get someone to trade me for black or at least for alcantera inserts.

The car was a very early sportech stage 3 car. Infact the second or third that ASW ever completed which these days is fairly conservative power wise about 380hp/420tq corrected for sea level on pump gas.
miltech exauhst and downpipes 100cell cats
H&amp;R adjustable coil over streets
AWE aluminum flywheel
RS4 ICs
RS4 clutch
UUC short shifter
APR bipipe
All RS4 upper and lower piping
KO4s
green tops etc etc

had about $4600 in audio

Also had a four wheel stoptech big break kit but those are on swifts car now.
Have no idea how long its been in Ill. I sold it on July 13 2006 so possibly a couple years.

you can check out my pic poster there are still so old pics in there. Ask anyone who knows my I babyed the **** out of it and almost never drove it. sold it at 37k on the odo. so the new owner only has about 20k on it.

It would be cool if someone local ended up with it.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:07 PM

Default 380 hp on pump at sea level? thats weak, what would it take to get it to 450?

You sold it at 37k, so probably now it needs a TB right? I once heard that every 20k miles a timing belt is needed on stage 3 cars, is that true?

Lastly, did you ever see it on ebay, it was up for about 3 months, I saw it listed in late July by someone in california. I think there was a problem with it and they couldn't sell it. How it ended up in IL and is already for sale again, not sure makes it curious and gives red flags.

Looks like a sweet ride but in this economy what do you think a realistic price would be?
Old 11-26-2008, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default As I said those number are conservative by todays "stg3" standards

Keep in mind when that car was tuned 6+ years ago. A person was damn near flamed to death for so much as mentioning that an S4 could produce much more than 380whp at that time but tuning for the B5 has come along way in that time.

I imagine all it would take to get more power is some more agressive and up to date tuning probably a new fueling set up as well since the two generally go hand in hand. Other than that there is really no reason it couldnt be tuned to match what most other K04s are doing its built every where else.

I had never heard that about the timing belt and to be honest at least with the tuning I was running it dosnt make sence to me why the Tb would really be effected aside from someone beating the hell out of the engine. However I dont really know I never heard that there are probably 100 other people on this forum that could speak to that better than I.

There was nothing wrong with the car when I had it was tip top ask anyone who knew the car while I owned it. I cant tell you what the owners since have done to it. The only thing I know that is wrong with it (because I called the dealer selling it) is that the "carputer" in the dash I put in wont Turn on but that has no effect on how the car runs. It only effects listening to the radio or playing a CD.

If you really want answers to these questions ask the dealer to track down the seller. He is the same guy that bought it from me apparently. Hes a cool guy he will be straight with you. Trust me the guy has more money than he knows what to do with he definitley is not hurting to sell the thing.

You talk about red flags its a stage 3 car thats nearly 8 years old. I wouldnt be looking into buying any used stg3 car without expecting to drop a little something into it somewhere.

Fair Market price?? Well I'm a little biased I think the thing should be selling for closer to 22-23k but in this economy 17k is probably a good price to sell in this market.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL, 17k for a 500hp car that cost 80+k to build...and its 'weak' on power and 'too expensive'...

sorry, but that made me laugh.

Quick Reply: Hey anyone interested in my old stg3 S4 from two years ago?? Looks like its going cheap!