EuroBerge Issue 3!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EuroBerge Issue 3!

Hey all!
Are paying taxes getting you down? Does the date April 15th make you angry? Well, EuroBerge has the perfect solution. We have developed our own mood-enhancement plan that is designed to take those tax day worries away. We present to you Issue 3 of EuroBerge. In this issue, you will find everything from tips on detailing to a guide to buying tires, and even looks at some ice racing and NASA racing! So do not worry as we here at EuroBerge have you covered. Go ahead and download the latest issue, or even view it online! We will get through these tax-day blues together!

Sincerely,
EuroBerge Staff
www.EuroBerge.com
Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok all; hopefully in the last week, you've been able to thumb-through the lastest issue.
Since this is still a new publication, we're looking for feedback; good, bad, and the whatever!
Give us what's on your mind so following issues are something you would crave to read.

- Erik
Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

We hope you are enjoying the great weather Colorado is known for. Now that the taxes are done, we hope you have had a chance to check out Issue 3 of EuroBerge! Let us know what you think and we look forward to seeing everyone out at the shows and GTGs the next few months. Be sure to come up and introduce yourself to us as we are already starting the hunt for the next cover car!

EuroBerge Staff
Old 04-21-2009, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Taxes? What taxes???????
Old 04-22-2009, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

A bit of feedback.

The good:
Great photos, crisp and showcased many aspects which did a great job highlighting the stories. The interior shot of the Volvo was particularly impressive. To the untrained eye, it may seem as though no one else was at the event, and you had an exclusive shot. Great job cropping and coloring.
The stories were well written and flowed well. The tire article had many interesting points; the Q5 article has a very description and imaginative word selection. All and all, a good read, which I would pick up again… with a few tweaks.

The not so good:
I was left wanting more from all the stories I read. The tire story did not have any recommendations on brands, I was forced to "do further research" heck if I wanted to do that, I wouldn’t have picked up your article. Make recommendations, inform people of success stories and failures.
The ice driving story left me wanting more, who won, what cars were there? What was a good finishing time, and a bad finishing time? Why did that person win? What was advice the experts had besides "experience counts."
The Volvo story left me wanting more, impressions were great, the car did what it should, yet there was a recommendation, would you buy one? How does it compare to other vehicles in its class? Cost of ownership? It seems there was so much creative writing I did not get much of an opinion, everything was flower coated.
The Q5 story, you guessed it, left me wanting more... Once again, how does it compare to others in its class (beyond the brief X5 remark). You shared some great first impressions, but how did those impressions stand up after comparing to a few other vehicles.
I did not read your playing with light story.

All and all, it was a good read, I would have set it down mid way through because of the theme had I not wanted to get through most it to offer feedback. So, offer opinions don’t flower coat everything, make the reader excited, not through verbose flowery writing but through actual comparisons they can take back to their enthusiast friends. RE the Q5 article, I could not use this magazine to defend the opinion "the Q5 is better than the X3." If you want to write to a technical bunch, then be technical, the only mention of the engine was its growl. I was disappointed by this.

Hopefully I am not coming off too harsh, but there are just too many alternatives out there. I live in CO, so I appreciate the stories and correlation to my location.

-Xae