So how much power can 10vT make?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What were the Pike's Peak car getting for hps? Yjought they were close to a grand
Old 12-04-2003, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Audisport lists 598HP and 435 lb/ft

at 8000 and 5500 respectively.

SJ
Old 12-04-2003, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Nice marketing by audi....

I don't post dyno sheets, I'd be happy to help facilitate the sales of them however. Dahlback posts a bunch of them, I'd figure if they impressed CIS 10vt owners, they should keep up with the site...

Qualifying brag is a marketing tool by audi, as are Dahlback numbers. One must understand the difference between the occasional tweek of the shrapnelknobben to sit on the pole, or gain a stage position (Blomqvist 420hp 10vt in WRC) and what it takes to win or even finish the race. Marketing guys look at the wow factor you bought into. I would think you of all folks here would understand the difference...

"And the wagon blew the headgasket at half track against the Cobra-R (Cobra-R had 17psi pulley and NOS). Den still won on a count that the mustang red lighted. 13.9@80mph vs 13.5@119mph. Funny thing is the wagon hit 84mph in the 1/8 and finished at 80mph. If we hadn't blown the headgasket it would have been a shocking pass." - Toxcheap

Audisport understood what the risk of DNF's mean in the grand scheme of things, why 1000HP was a qualifying HP. Don't forget the listing of the "torsen" center diff spec that never had to be used when 'or' is interjected into the marketing spin.

Classic catch. Nice poster, the dealer issued 200trans in my office I like better, being an enthusiast type 44 guy and all.

SJ
91 v8
84 RS2URQ
83 URQ
Old 12-05-2003, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Kid have you ever seen the clip of all the audi's racing on a street course?

I don't know were I downloaded it from but the white hill climb cars seems to kill the 200 trans am and 90 imsa car. I also wondered how much power it would need to pull away from the imsa car like that. Maybe I'm thinking about it the wrong way, maybe it has less power but is incredibly lighter.?
Old 12-05-2003, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Kid have you ever seen the clip of all the audi's racing on a street course?

Right click and save as<ul><li><a href="http://www.bufkinengineering.com/audirun.mpg">http://www.bufkinengineering.com/audirun.mpg</a</li></ul>
Old 12-05-2003, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Nice marketing by audi....

As always I'm disagreeing with you. I don't think Audi had any worries about winning once they were up front. I think having the cars in the middle of the pack was a bigger risk. And an exceptable risk in qualifing to put those cars out front. Do you believe those cars would have a problem making a 1000hp for the length of qualify? I don't, I do think heat would become an issue in a full race though and that's why they run the conservative 720hp.

WRT to the wagon, you don't have any useful info on the car. So you wouldn't have a clue to why it blew the headgasket.

WRT to Dahlback, it sounds to me like you think you have more marketing experience than him.

&lt;&lt;&lt;I don't post dyno sheets, I'd be happy to help facilitate the sales of them however. Dahlback posts a bunch of them, I'd figure if they impressed CIS 10vt owners, they should keep up with the site... &gt;&gt;&gt;

I don't think he even lists anything on his site for the 10V CIS, so that's kind of an asinine statement.

QSHIPQ questioning Dahlback Racing's marketing technique what a joke. You know what else is a joke any business owner argueing with people over the internet, this is one of the reason's some tuners sales go up and others go down.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default James thanks

Below is a link to the site with all the clips.
<a href="http://www.audiv8.com/german/gallery/movies/donauring_runde_3.mpg">Round three </a> My favorite
<a href="http://www.audiv8.com/german/gallery/movies/donauring_runde_4.mpg">Round four</a> Pikes Peak car putting around and the Tran Am &amp; Imsa 90 heavily on it trying to catch up
<a href="http://tools.search.yahoo.com/language/translation/translatedPage.php?tt=url&text=http%3a//www.audiv8.com/&lp=de_en">Translated link to all clips</a>
Old 12-05-2003, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have the French Audi WRC video with seasons 82-86...

...S2's not that great as the nasty A2's. Oh my god I want one so bad. Just to see those Factory cars ripping around a corner sideways then hammering on the gas down a hill with a little tail wiggle hear and there, just (sniff) beautiful man.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Well buddy old friend, I really like to see those. (hint hint)
Old 12-15-2003, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Newsflash: Toxcheap disagrees!

Feel free and the difference really is opinions based on experience OR opinions based on documentation. A marketing poster marginally qualifies as the latter. My poster is cool looking, my library of audisport history is "documentation".

I say if I was a marketing guy looking to market to the guy that's gonna quote a poster (er, you), I'd put the absolute TOP HP the car theoretically might attain, or possibly could if you dialed the shrapnelknob high enough. I'd never have to run it, or just run it once. "in qualifying" could mean someone turned up the **** on that really cold day when everything was running perfect. Audisport was known to do that on occasion, the marketing boys obviously loved it too. It never has to, it only needs the potential to. Marketing 101

WRT the wagon, I only know what you've told this list. I got a pretty good idea that boost levels over 22psi don't keep head gaskets well sealed to 10vt heads. Especially when boost controllers don't care if feedback to a failing motor indicates less would be better.

WRT Dahlback. "I don't think". Well, how bout going to his site. I do think. I don't think I, nor you, were referring to the 10vt. I question tweeks all the time, even audisports. It's easy to do after the fact. I also know that bragging about a number *can* be a short term program, or just an undriveable one. BTST more times than not. It's a small displacement vs VE thing.

I appreciate all your business advice. Thank goodness some audi service owners feel confident enough to come on these lists and voice real concerns running 130psi fuel pressures thru CIS for instance. I might propose that I don't argue with *you* at all Toxcheap. That would require that you have a firm grasp of how I5 turbos work. I'm not convinced of that at all.

Sorry?

Scott Justusson

Quick Reply: So how much power can 10vT make?