If you liked the Urq25 celebration in CO last year, get ready for this year's event!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I NEEd to know the date NOW if I want to go..

I NEED to know the date NOW if I want to go, as we have to book out holidays at work for the summer now!

I've already booked summer holidays already, but
I MAY be able to change to be able to attend, *IF* I can get the date in the next day or two.

Let us know here, or feel free to email me privately. Please!!!

fdekat@sentex.net
Old 02-20-2009, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default 2nd- the sooner the better.

I've got some flexibility, but I've also got to make some commitments over the next few weeks.

Even if there are still a few possibles, the sooner you can let us know the more likely it is I can schedule around it, especially since I'm going to be driving from the E coast.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OK, here are a few details:

The group wants to keep it a bit quiet until some sponsorship details are worked, but here is what we have "for sure" so far.

Tuesday 7/14- Thurs 7/16, PPIR has been reserved. We would like to get a driving event, but those details are not finalized. Friday there is a NASCAR race.

Saturday, 7/18. Events around the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. Lots possibilities here, details being discussed. Count on a banquet in the evening.

Sunday, 7/19. All day. The race to the clouds on Pikes Peak. Group events are being discussed, but possibilities include a parade up the mountain to reserved parking, etc. (How cool would it be to see 50 ur quattros parade up Pikes Peak?)

There is much more happening behind the scenes. Colorado Springs is an incredible place to plan a vacation, with lots to do in and around for the whole family. With the economy as it is, the city is going way out of its way to make large groups welcome with discounted hotels, organized tours, etc. Even more than last year, we are working to make this a very family oriented event, so talk to yours wives and kids.

Want one more reason to come? It is rumored (I was told by the owner that it is definite, but will just say "rumored" now) that a VERY nice ur quattro will be RAFFLED OFF!

Also with the larger scope of the event, we are trying to get this to be more than just an ur quattro specific and more of an international event. Spread the word and watch http://www.urq25.com (for now) for more info. Prices are yet to be announced, but will include admittance to the activities, ticket to the hill climb, raffle, etc.

There will likely be a press release issued for this along the name, etc., but it is important to get some of the word out ASAP so that we can plan vacations. I'm sure I will get some emails from others in the group organizing about letting the cat out of the bag, but need gets this kicked off one way or another...
Old 02-21-2009, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hell yea. I'll be at this one. And paint should be done by then too :-)
Old 02-21-2009, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yea, for sure there is a circuit track there. they reopened it for public use last year I think.

Can't wait!!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for providing the dates- I've got a much better chance of being able to attend now.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Definitely appreciate the release of dates.

I too have to schedule way in advance. I have been out of town 4 of 9 weeks this year and it doesnt look like it will let up any time soon.

Really looking forward to another great event this year!
Old 02-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default When will you deliver on the official photos from UrQ25

Come on guys - can you finish up delivering on the first event? Some of us still wait patiently for the professional photos. Patience is slowly being replaced by annoyance.