robbed at gunpoint last night

Old 07-31-2007, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default robbed at gunpoint last night

it happened at 12 midnight last night at university house, I was with my best friend Nick just taking out the trash along with walking me to my car, the trash was right next to his apt and so was my car, he walked across the rd and i held back b/c there was a car, the driver waved me on so i crossed to meet up w/ nick then the car just stayed there and we walked behind it and as soon as we were at the back of it the passenger jumped out pointing a gun at my face and i instinctively ran behind a parked car to get away from him as a he lunged for me yelling at me to give him my purse, I ran behind a tree and as my back was turned he grabbed my friend and put the gun to his back, as I was running towards the tree i grabbed my wallet and cell phone and threw it behind the tree, he saw me throw something and I said just my phone, then he made me slide him my purse then he made me find the phone and he held my friend, i found it then slid it to him, then he told me to go inside andi said im not going anywhere till u let him go and he said ill let him go when u go inside and i was said let him go now and he moved towards the car and we ran inside and called 911. I filed a police report but I know I won't get my phone back or anything. all they got was a fake burberry purse and a cell phone that I deactivated as soon as I got home.

I just don't understand people.

dave, I don't know about the exhaust install, i might need to reschedule, i just don't know right now.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am very sorry to hear that--I hate Fl sometimes--What is wrong with people these days
Old 07-31-2007, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WOW. Glad you are OK. You are very smart, you played it very safe.

Ducking behind a car, throwing your phone in the woods, and not leaving until your friend was safe was very smart/brave/level-headed.

My wife was mugged at the Maitland Publix about 3 years ago, and she did all the wrong things: after he threw her down and wrestled her purse away from her, she ran after him and actually caught up with him. End of story, he still got away and she had several broken bones in her foot. She couldn't drive/walk for 3 months.

Very glad to hear that you are ok.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Sorry to hear it - You and friend are ok though, location

I just moved from Atlanta, I thought it was safer here in Orlando but now Florida is looking like crime central these days. It's got me thinking of a concealed weapon license, to store in that drawer under the seat.

Again sorry to hear of the experience, but your both still in one piece, that's all that counts.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Orlando is #6 in the country for crime. (saw that on CNN.com the other day).
Old 07-31-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Glad you're ok. Like others said- you handled yourself VERY well.

Everyone thinks they know what they would do in that situation, but all of those pretenses go out the window when it actually happens.

Again- glad you're ok.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default So sorry to hear that Michelle, glad you and Nick are ok.

We need to get you some mace.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yowza!

And people call me crazy for carrying my Benchmade at all times...
Old 07-31-2007, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

No, we just call you a redneck.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You do not need a CCW to carry a gun in your car in FL.

FL's State Attorney's Office puts out a pamphlet on when and where you need a CCW in Florida, pick it up and carry it with you when you have your gun in your car if you ever have any issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: robbed at gunpoint last night