Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Talk me into (or out of) 2025 Q7 55 Prestige, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talk me into (or out of) 2025 Q7 55 Prestige, anyone?

Let's start with this, for $89,000 (before the non-Audi fees of tax, doc fee, registration, etc.) a descent deal?

I know next to nothing about Audi. Been a BMW junkie for most of the car ownership. Currently own BMW 2019 X3 M40i B58 inline 6, 5 seater, ZF 8-speed transmission.

Looking for a 7-seater, for versatility, granted the 3rd row in Q7 is a kind of "joke" but usable for temporary purpose. Still better to have the 3rd row than to need it and not have it.

I know nothing about the reliability of Audi 3.0 TFSI EA839 V6 engine. Researching online seem to suggest reliability is hit or miss. But this engine has been around forever. And looks like got some update for 2025 model year.

I know nothing about the transmission in Audi and its reliability, looks like Audi makes their own transmission, the 8-speed Tiptronic with quattro AWD.

Audi does not included scheduled maintenances to purchase of new car. Lame... BMW has first 3 years included in purchase price. I suppose one way or the other, i pay for the free in the cost of the vehicle.

The Audi MMI, that also seem to be a hit and miss. And from what i'm reading mostly miss with Audi MMI.

No over the air software update of vehicle's ECUs. Only the infotainment and maps OTA update.

But i will give Audi for the best headlights and taillights with sequential turn signals front, back and side mirrors. The new version 2 of OLED tail lights look great !

And the premium feel of the interior.

So, why Audi continue to get bad raps for their Q7, over other 3 row SUV mfg make models, eg. BMW, MB, Volvo and Lexus?

Seems like Audi just does not get the respect they deserve?

Talk me into 2025 Q7. I like the fact that just got another round of facelift refresh. But also i'm told that the latest round is only coming now due to ever ongoing supply chain issues, etc.

Why should i not get the 2025 Q7?

Help me !

Old 04-23-2024, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

One thing about Q7 is this iteration is at the end of it's model life- thus some of the disadvantages you've noted. What else are you looking at? Many of the other comparisons have been covered, especially the X7 since many cross shop those. I have both and they are similar in many ways but also divergent in some prominent ways.
Old 04-23-2024, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by keg97
One thing about Q7 is this iteration is at the end of it's model life- thus some of the disadvantages you've noted. What else are you looking at? Many of the other comparisons have been covered, especially the X7 since many cross shop those. I have both and they are similar in many ways but also divergent in some prominent ways.
Thanks.

For me, at least, between buying at the end of the generation, versus buying version 1.0 of the new generation, i tend to stick with the former. Not too keen on buying version 1.0 of anything, even though that version 1.0 may have new "stuffs" than the end of the last generation.

So, as it stands with current generation Q7 at its last leg, i like the latest refresh design. I'm okay with the 3rd row, mainly for emergency, temporary use. No issue.

I wish 2025 Q7 still currently offered the Audi Night Vision Assistant. But it's not there. But the 2024 SQ7 does, interestingly. So looks like from 2025, there is no more Audi Night Vision assistant offered.

Anyway, where i am (mostly) hung up are in these areas, in choosing 2025 Q7,

a) engine reliability, and this seem maybe less issue based on how well this Audi 3.0 TFSI EA839 V6 engine has aged, and like with "any" car, well maintenance, preventative maintenance should always be a key factor
b) transmission reliability, but let's face it, we are talking quattro, which has been around forever
c) general Audi reliability, this scales me i suppose most because i know so little about Audi as a brand, particularly the Q7
d) Audi MMI usability, this seem to be mostly hate/love relationships, but maye less of an issue if one uses CarPlay or AndroidAuto, more or less exclusively for infotainment purposes

Compared to other 3 row SUVs, the Audi interior seem (very) premium.

So looking to get some help from fellow Audi owners on the above 4 points.

Old 04-23-2024, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm in the same boat 25 or 24, everyone I've dealt with is quoating msrp +, crazy people buying I guess.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Laxplyr85
I'm in the same boat 25 or 24, everyone I've dealt with is quoating msrp +, crazy people buying I guess.
24 has the 0.99% for 60 mos term.

25, has the new lights. I'm sucker for light shows.

quoating msrp plus?

That is crazy. Use my baseline, reference of ~$3,500 off on 2025.

The 2024 has other incentives, eg. costco and from audi.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I will say that the upcoming Q6 e-tron light shows are even better at the exterior lights.

And the next generation MMI look sick !!!

But Q6 is too small for our need, it's "barely" the same size as the family's current X3.

Seems like we need a Q7 e-tron.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yah not even audi or luxury brands this market is still awful, dealers and salespeople taking invoice and adding options that you dont need and now the msrp is 10,15,20 grand more and then off that price you add sales tax title etc and that is the supposed best price is what im getting. I have a folder of quotes and every dealer says the same thing that people are buying at these prices so we won't budge. Q et is next level. I think costco is $500. I always like to be low key but drive big trucks because it's more comfortable and carrying my road bikes and dirt bike around towing my college employees out of snow banks and daily craziness. But I had a s5 sportback on turo and was blown away 2019 with I think I added a few thousand miles to equal around 113,500 and change and it drove like new but that experience was unreal and the q7 not being the same but comfy seats and driving experience is what I really like about audi and q7 is the biggest they make for now. Im One person and no passengers so with the seats down I can work with that space and enjoy my driving even more.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Laxplyr85
Im One person and no passengers so with the seats down I can work with that space and enjoy my driving even more.
Ah, the good old days for me, family of "1".

Costco for Q7 should be $2,000, Don't think this is specific to a particular dealer, instead should be global Costco Auto program incentive.

And on top of that i swear seeing $1,000'ish incentive directly from Audi on 2024, in addition to the 0.99% 60 mos term on 2024 models.

These should all be stackable.

Old 04-23-2024, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

o wow $2,000! What do you have to show for proof of membership your costco card? But on top of incentives there has to be someone out there that's willing to deal, the hunt goes on...
Old 04-24-2024, 12:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 333 Likes on 282 Posts

I personally think the 2025 Q7 looks hideous and the 2025 X5 looks miles better. Reliability wise, Audi has gone very bad in recent years. There are currently too many engine issues. The previous supercharged V6 engine is known by now to burn excessive amounts of oil and fail by usually burning exhaust valves and the current turbocharged V6 is starting to show issues as well. Whereas BMW seems to have improved its reliability and has gone almost to the top of the list of reliable brands, Audi is currently at the bottom of the list, even worse than Land Rover. If you decide to experience the Audi, I highly suggest you "lease" instead.

Quick Reply: Talk me into (or out of) 2025 Q7 55 Prestige, anyone?