Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Solutions for ball mount rise on a travel trailer

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Das Ponto
Nope, we ran the same WDH on our Q5 for 40k km as well with this trailer before we upgraded to the Q7. Its a chain and poly bushing style vs. the load bars. Way less forces but still smooths everything out.

OEM integrated Hitch (not euro hitch).
How do you like the Anderson WDH? I've looked into those in the past for towing larger loads (like open car trailers with pickups), but never did it often enough to pull the trigger on purchase. I really like the design, and how it doesn't hamper turning articulation of the tongue. Does look like setup is a bit more involved during the hitch/unhitch process though.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2kwik4u
How do you like the Anderson WDH? I've looked into those in the past for towing larger loads (like open car trailers with pickups), but never did it often enough to pull the trigger on purchase. I really like the design, and how it doesn't hamper turning articulation of the tongue. Does look like setup is a bit more involved during the hitch/unhitch process though.
Oh man we love it. Super easy and the passive sway control of the collar ball is a nice add on too.

The set up is way easier than you think, I can be hooked up and ready to go in no time at all. I can take some more close up photos too if desired. But yeah probably close to 50k km on the set up now and its been great.
Old 04-25-2024, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Das Ponto
Oh man we love it. Super easy and the passive sway control of the collar ball is a nice add on too.

The set up is way easier than you think, I can be hooked up and ready to go in no time at all. I can take some more close up photos too if desired. But yeah probably close to 50k km on the set up now and its been great.
Thanks for the insight.

No need on the pictures unless you just want to share. I've watched a ton of videos and details on that setup. Really good chance I'll move to that if/when we get a bigger boat. Our little 19ft trailers REALLY nicely now, so we don't really need it. As we get larger and closer to the limit I think I'll want the swap control. Have our eyes on a 25ft center console from Yamaha that would push us up into the 6,500lb range. I've had as much as 7,500lbs behind the Q7 and it did well, but I think with longer more frequent tows, I'll want the sway control.