Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Short Question on Audi Care...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Considering that AudiCare is sold basically at cost, it would come out of their remaining profit on the car. Add to that the fact that the dealer likely has very little control over what happens at the port, and I doubt they'll be willing. It might be better to ask for an explanation of the port delay and whether Audi of America is planning to offer any sort of compensation. I would guess that is unlikely too - you're never guaranteed a delivery date - but it never hurts to ask.

EDIT: grammar
Old 02-10-2017, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by titoj19
Considering that AudiCare is sold basically at cost, it would come out of their remaining profit on the car. Add to that the fact that the dealer likely has very little control over what happens at the port, and I doubt they'll be willing. It might be better to ask for an explanation of the port delay and whether Audi of America is planning to offer any sort of compensation. I would guess that is unlikely too - you're never guaranteed a delivery date - but it never hurts to ask.

EDIT: grammar
Thanks - I'm not sure yet what Audi Care will cost for my particular car but it sounds like it will be worth asking.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Maybe that helps?

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...r-Brochure.pdf
Old 02-10-2017, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL
AudiFanFL that answered my questions, thanks!
Old 02-10-2017, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My dealer Tried to charge me the discounted price of "$1395" the sales manager was like "that's the direct MSRP price from Audi."

lol, until I busted out the Audi Care 2017 Brochure I picked up at another dealer that states the REAL MSRP price

the sales manager was shocked.
He thought we were dumb, buying a $70k cash, like we wouldn't know our info.

They tried hard to push us into a P+, saying we don't have room to move down on a prestige.

I made them throw in all weather mats and ceramic tint.
my wife made the sales guy buy her a nice Quattro coffee mug for trying to screw us over.
We threatened to walk and inform Audi of North America as well as Audi Club of N.A.

Wasnt hard to negotiate after that.

My advise, know all pricing, warranty, and options info b4 signing on the solid line

Last edited by hrp783; 02-10-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

I passed on Audi care for both A6 and Q7 we lease.
My first A6 ( 2014), the dealer put me in a new A6 only 21 months later at same payment, so the only service was the included 5K. The Q7 includes the first service at 10K.

The way I look at it, $895 gets me one or two services. If you go to the dealer, it might be a break even if you need 2, but if only 1, then I overpaid. But I wouldn't take it to the dealer for a service I have to pay for, but rather a local indy shop, and my guess is the 15K/20K service will run me $150-250.

I only take it to the dealer for work that is covered. Bad experiences with MB and BMW dealers taught me to save $ and use an indy.

BTW, I have no intention of keeping either car at end of lease.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nedstand
The way I look at it, $895 gets me one or two services. If you go to the dealer, it might be a break even if you need 2, but if only 1, then I overpaid.
Especially on a lease, I don't think that's accurate. You might not be taking the higher residual into consideration. If your Q7 costs $70K, the higher residual of 1% leaves you with a cost of $195. That's it. I'm not sure you can pay the 20K mile service with that - and certainly not the 20K AND 30K.

The more expensive your Q7 is, the better the deal is. As I wrote before, I'd be paying less than $3/month more on my lease with Audi Care - and I'm pretty sure my dealer will be charging more than $30 for my first service at 20k miles..
Old 02-15-2017, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL
Especially on a lease, I don't think that's accurate. You might not be taking the higher residual into consideration. If your Q7 costs $70K, the higher residual of 1% leaves you with a cost of $195. That's it. I'm not sure you can pay the 20K mile service with that - and certainly not the 20K AND 30K.

The more expensive your Q7 is, the better the deal is. As I wrote before, I'd be paying less than $3/month more on my lease with Audi Care - and I'm pretty sure my dealer will be charging more than $30 for my first service at 20k miles..
I think you should check that $3/mo. That sounds way too cheap to me.

I can't speak to Q7 yet. Before leasing the Q7, we owned a BMW X5. After the 4 years included maintenance, I took it to Valvoline (VOIC) for oil change and inspection, and they charged me $110, but I brought my own German Oil Filter. For $110, they would change the oil with 8 quarts full-synthetic, top off fluids (Washer, coolant), check air filters, brake fluid level, etc. Reading the Audi manual, it's mostly the same stuff until a major service, at which point someone else will have these cars.

The sticker on our Q7 was 66K, but I negotiated the lease price down over 2 months, and had two dealers bidding on it. Since I will not buy the car at the 36 month lease, I'm not sure why residual value is meaningful to me.

Last Q - if you lease the car, why would you bring it to the dealer for the 20K or 30K service?
Old 02-15-2017, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Nedstand
I think you should check that $3/mo. That sounds way too cheap to me.

I can't speak to Q7 yet. Before leasing the Q7, we owned a BMW X5. After the 4 years included maintenance, I took it to Valvoline (VOIC) for oil change and inspection, and they charged me $110, but I brought my own German Oil Filter. For $110, they would change the oil with 8 quarts full-synthetic, top off fluids (Washer, coolant), check air filters, brake fluid level, etc. Reading the Audi manual, it's mostly the same stuff until a major service, at which point someone else will have these cars.

The sticker on our Q7 was 66K, but I negotiated the lease price down over 2 months, and had two dealers bidding on it. Since I will not buy the car at the 36 month lease, I'm not sure why residual value is meaningful to me.

Last Q - if you lease the car, why would you bring it to the dealer for the 20K or 30K service?
You care about the residual, because it directly influences the monthly lease payment. Audi care is $849 and raises the residual 1%. So on an $80k Q7, you are only paying $49 for it which is cheaper than paying for the services else where.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
You care about the residual, because it directly influences the monthly lease payment. Audi care is $849 and raises the residual 1%. So on an $80k Q7, you are only paying $49 for it which is cheaper than paying for the services else where.
Just to be clear It's not 1% of 80k - it's a 1% increase in the residual based upon the term of the lease. On a 3 year 12k lease it works out to roughly $750. However if you only plan on having this vehicle for 3 years you would only likely have to pay for 2 services which I assume should be around the same price of $850 so I didn't see the advantage of prepaying the service fee.

Quick Reply: Short Question on Audi Care...