Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

point of disembarkation

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2024, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,177 Likes on 919 Posts
Default point of disembarkation

After a few interesting service visits I am stepping a bit out of my comfort zone and opening a new chapter...

This last Friday I signed on a new car. I hope to take delivery of it later next week and will keep everyone posted. In the meantime I will let ya'll guess on what I am getting into...

Latest dealer service visit was unsuccessful in resolving a backseat rattle. They adjusted the seat latch mechanism according to a TSB and that didn't work. I have a feeling it is related to the replacement of the main power harness that corroded and was replaced (by removing nearly the whole interior). Additionally, there is the downpipe rattle many complain about at ~1000 RPM and I wasn't ready to drop $800 on parts and then pay anyone to do that labor. Additionally, there was a rattle in what I believe is the front left dash which sounds like it is coming from one of the HVAC vents...

I'd like to extend a thank you to everyone on here who has followed my audi ownership journey through the last 6 cars and the last two Q7s and I will continue to browse here and keep up on the times even if I have moved on.

Pictures of the new ride to come as soon as I can take delivery.
Old 01-21-2024, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

RSQ7?
Old 01-21-2024, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 884 Likes on 723 Posts

Lambo?
Old 01-21-2024, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

@mhoran89 - Sorry to hear that you are leaving - your posts added a lot of value to this forum, hopefully your new ride will treat you better. I suspect you're getting a X-Bimmer of the M variety, or a Cayenne GT

Last edited by dohturdima; 01-21-2024 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-22-2024, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
RSQ7?
didn't think there was one. RSQ8 would be pretty sweet though. unfortunately your guess was incorrect.

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Lambo?
now that would be a treat. incorrect as well though...

Originally Posted by dohturdima
@mhoran89 - Sorry to hear that you are leaving - your posts added a lot of value to this forum, hopefully your new ride will treat you better. I suspect you're getting a X-Bimmer of the M variety, or a Cayenne GT
thanks man, appreciate your kind words. also incorrect on your guess.
Old 01-22-2024, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

after doing some rough calculations I was easily spending $3000 a year on maintenance and repairs. granted I did do a lot of hard driving to the tune of 30K miles a year or so...

when I looked back at my emails with my dealer it seemed like I was in contact with them every month getting things taken care of. need to take that with some salt though because I did have two audi vehicles for quite a while at the same time.

Q7 was by far the most demanding vehicle service wise of any of the other Audi cars I have owned. My B9 S5 was actually quite good now that I think about it.

Last edited by mhoran89; 01-22-2024 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-23-2024, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Tesla, Kia telluride, Acura MDX

Last edited by meyergsr; 01-23-2024 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-23-2024, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 160 Posts

Rivian R1S......wait, that's what I want. I have no idea what you're getting into. After two Q7's in a row I somewhat figured you were a "lifer" on the platform now.

Sad to see you go, but I get the sentiment for certain.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by meyergsr
Tesla, Kia telluride, Acura MDX
don't want a microwave for a car. never even drove the telluride. wasn't interested in it even though it is well loved. MDX was expensive and also didn't offer anything over other cars. also the infotainment is a bit clunky from what I understand.

Originally Posted by 2kwik4u
Rivian R1S......wait, that's what I want. I have no idea what you're getting into. After two Q7's in a row I somewhat figured you were a "lifer" on the platform now.

Sad to see you go, but I get the sentiment for certain.
Rivian is out of the budget and being my only car it wouldn't fit the bill with long ski trips in the cold. I thought I was too but I figured I'd go with a brand with a bit more pedigree in reliability...
Old 01-24-2024, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by mhoran89
figured I'd go with a brand with a bit more pedigree in reliability...
You're not going to like a Toyota man. They're dead nuts reliable and have the same dead soul to them.

UNLESS

You're getting a Lexus GX or Toyota Land Cruiser (to go with the ski trips), then, well maybe then, I could see that.

Definitely NOT a Land Rover if you're talking reliability.

Quick Reply: point of disembarkation